Grey Seals at Whitley Bay

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken this morning at St Mary's Lighthouse, near Whitley Bay.
First proper chance I've had to get out in a while, and pleased that the seals didn't seem upset or interested in myself and another photographer being in the vicinity. Shame the same couldn't be said for everyone, as one gent turned up and let his 4 Labradors off the lead.

1) Moving to a new basking spot now the dogs have gone.

2) Settle down for more sunbathing

3) Having a roll, a scratch and a chew of the flipper.

4) Fist Bump!!

5) Pffft!

1 and 3, not been to St Mary's since i was a kid. Is the cafe still there?

No1 is a cracker (y)

Cheers!

Couldn't agree more. Number 1 is brill.

Ta very much

1 and 3, not been to St Mary's since i was a kid. Is the cafe still there?

Not sure, I didn't go right up to the lighthouse, so it may still be with the visitors centre - though there is a greasy spoon van in the car park!

I wonder if they are any relation to the one that was in the Chronicle tonight:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/underweight-seal-pup-rescued-rocks-4279296

I've seen a few seals in the water around the lighthouse over the years but never on the rocks. Lovely set.

Cheers, there's always the possibility that they're related. These ones didn't look underweight to me, but then I don't think I'm any real judge on how tubby a seal should be :D

Wonderful set to view, No1 also for me, although the comment and expression of No5 are hilarious and lifelike (allegedly)...

Fantastic shots. Love St Mary's - we go there every time we visit the parents in law at Whitley Bay.

im really liking these,

I wouldnt mine capturing these myself, but everytime im there I cant no find them.

Is there a certain time you can catch them like hightide/lowtide etc or is it just luck

im really liking these,

I wouldnt mine capturing these myself, but everytime im there I cant no find them.

Is there a certain time you can catch them like hightide/lowtide etc or is it just luck

Get down to Donna Nook in October/November...You will be uip to your neck in seals!

What time of day and where exactly do you find the seals? I have been down a few times and either looking in the wrong place or just unlucky.

Back