Grizedale Stages Rally

Edit My Images
Yes
Having spent a very damp day in Grizedale Forest today, I only managed to get a small number of pictures taken due to the horrible weather, rain, sleet and then snow.:thumbsdown:

I tried using the built in flash and am quite happy with the results

6l9ys6b.jpg

Is there anyway to reduce the reflection from the number plate or am I expecting too much?
Any other tips and pointers welcome.

Minolta Dynax 5D f/3.5 1/125s

nice shot, although it could so with being sharp throughout the car and not just the front.

the reflections on the numberplate arnt gonna be easy to remove as its a highly reflective surface and the flash is mounted just above the lens.

smaller aperture

dont knock it though, you got the front IN focus, back end looks like its drifting.

stand there again and you'll die, get a longer lens and a big flash

I prefer the back out of focus, it gives the impression of movement that a totally sharp image wouldn't.

As for the reflection, you could maybe diffuse the flash but plates are made to reflect. There must be some way of toning it down in post processing though. The shot is superb and if you could sort that small detail out it would be even better.

Yes I like the effect you've captured there great sense of speed and drama.

as has already been said the numberplate glare could be toned down in photoshop

Well done

Alan

Oh i like that to, i agree the back oof is a great effect on this shot, but to get it in focus you'd need to use a faster shutter.

i fing if you can get an external flash and point it up slightly it will reduce the effect you got on the number plate.

Thanks for the comments and hints guys (& girls?).

stand there again and you'll die, get a longer lens and a big flash

Yeah, i think this was shot at 18mm, I've got a bigger lens (70-300), maybe Santa will bring me a flash to go with it!

Back