Group Print Exchange - Sign up over, list of who to send to is up

Sorry, wrong end of the stick :bonk:

No one else has said they've had any problems so I reckon its a case of wait and see:shrug:

Hi guys I am running a bit late with my print as I am having a few problems with my darkroom prints (very low contrast)and I would rather send out a wet print so please be patient Raathistle I have a buddy who is going to see what I am doing wrong and get me sorted out.
Ekimeno I got your print and thanks very much.Where is it taken?

Hi guys I am running a bit late with my print as I am having a few problems with my darkroom prints (very low contrast)and I would rather send out a wet print so please be patient Raathistle I have a buddy who is going to see what I am doing wrong and get me sorted out.

Don't worry about it. I've not sent mine off yet, just developing another 5 rolls of film and it's opened up too many choices again. I think I'm just going to print a few off and then choose one at random

Sounds like a grading issue. Are you using multigrade paper and forgetting to put the right filter in?

Blapto I am using Ilford multigrade IV rc delux paper and i have a set of ilford filters and have been using filter between 0 and 3
I have a meopta colour 3 head and have the M set to 48 and the Y set to 39 everything else is set to 0

Cathal

Have you done a maximum black test and a safelight test?

For the MB test do test strips through an unexposed but developed (so clear) piece fo film, the first true black strip is the base exposure time for you to get blacks through the base fog of the film. Took me ages to find this nugget of information :bang:

Also check your safelight is (safe). put a piece of paper down while you do a print session with some coins on it. Every 5 minutes pull a coin off, leaving one coin on all the time. Develop the paper and you want to see no little circles. If you do your safelight isn't safe or your darkroom isn't dark. either way you are fogging the paper which reduces overall contrast

HTH

Graham

Print arrived today (y)

Mine will be posted out tomorrow :)

Lee

Haven't sent one out yet though, been mental busy at work & home this week :(

Glad I'm not the only one. Apologies... It will happen this weekend.

Graham

Print arrived today (y)

Mine will be posted out tomorrow :)

Lee

Cheerz Lee,

Good to know you got it.

G

Edit: also recieved my print in the post yesterday.

Cheerz

Liverpool Street Station. Glad you liked it (y)

Liverpool_st_station.jpg

Never received a print :(

You will! I'm having a huge ordeal at the moment with money, and I don't have access to the darkroom for another week, neither!

But it will arrive, I promise!

He he no worries :)

Back