Groynes at the beach

Edit My Images
Yes
Another little beach shot from today...

109419504.jpg

Regards

Nigel

Good shot - nice detail and tones. Like the low perspective and reflection.

Good shot - nice detail and tones. Like the low perspective and reflection.

Many thanks erding glad you like the perspective.

There is another thread in the general section with addition image from the afternoon at winchelsea beach.

Once again thanks for the comments

Regards

Nigel

This is really nice. It has great compositional form. I was under the impression they were bigger until I realised the scale.

Unfortunatly the OOF stones in the forground kind of ruin it for me :(. Maybe if they were in focus they would have worked better. This is a shame because the shapes of the water run off's works in the composition as well.

Any chance you could have a crack at it again with a smaller aperture focused about a half way between the stumps and the closest foreground?

I was just about to comment on the weathering myself. I think I agree about the stones too, but maybe because of the effect they are having on the water, rather than because they're OoF. They're making these little vee arrows pointing out of the picture.

This is really nice. It has great compositional form. I was under the impression they were bigger until I realised the scale.

Unfortunatly the OOF stones in the forground kind of ruin it for me :(. Maybe if they were in focus they would have worked better. This is a shame because the shapes of the water run off's works in the composition as well.

Any chance you could have a crack at it again with a smaller aperture focused about a half way between the stumps and the closest foreground?

Amazing weathering on the Groynes.

I was just about to comment on the weathering myself. I think I agree about the stones too, but maybe because of the effect they are having on the water, rather than because they're OoF. They're making these little vee arrows pointing out of the picture.

Thanks for the comments chaps, glad you like the shapes of these little chaps.

Will see what I can do at the next low tide to improve the shot... however the groynes were my main focus.

There are some additional images from the day here..... Link

Cheers

NIgel

Think those would have made some good close up subjects :)

Think those would have made some good close up subjects :)

I am sure your right Robert but since I was balancing the camera on the toe of my boot to get these shots as my tripod is a pain to reconfigure to go low level and I forgot my waterproof mat.... I was left with what you see...

But I am looking at getting one of the Benbo Trekkers as I have heard they are very usable and easy to reconfigure for lowlevel shooting.

Regards

Nigel

Back