Grrr - Bl**dy Ebay!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Found out today that my ebay account has been hacked. Apparently I was selling 87 items of Tiffany jewellery! Ended them all now, changed my password and all that. Tiffany themselves got in touch with eBay to close most of the auctions down!

Bummer mate :thumbsdown: This Ebay account hacking is becoming a major problem. Seems to be more and more common :annoyed:

You getting rid of all of your bling? :p
Sorry to make light of a really harsh thing - you've got me all paranoid now & i'm going to have to go check my ebay.

I did exactly that - then remembered that my account isn't set up for selling yet! :thinking:

Someone's just told me they got their account hacked too - because they didn't log out completely when they closed their browser... so make sure you all do!

If ebay uphold me complaint (and they should be able to see the IP addresses involved) it's going to cost me over £82 in eBay charges :(

Surely that would only matter if you were using a public computer though? theres no danger if you log in using your own pc at home which is patched up to the latest windows security updates with up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware software.

My boss got her ebay account done over - they tried to sell a tractor on there, she'd clicked a link in a phishing email asking her to confirm her security details.

No, nothing to do with phishing emails at all. And I've not used any public computer to access my account. Hell, I haven't even bought anything off ebay since last year!

Found out today that my ebay account has been hacked. Apparently I was selling 87 items of Tiffany jewellery! Ended them all now, changed my password and all that. Tiffany themselves got in touch with eBay to close most of the auctions down!

Same thing happened to my sister - not sure how they got the password - think it was a fishing email but she won't cough it to me - too embarrassed i think. Took some sorting out though and very annoying.

I've always wondered why I hate things like E-bay.......

It's definitely NOT phishing emails - bloody thing has just been hacked again, even though I changed passwords. Oh well. Bye bye ebay as soon as this is sorted out - sod 'em! Their security is about as tight as a 50 yr old hooker's knicker elastic.

Nightmare mate, I send over 5 emails a day to them as spam or otherwise. Never once have them come back and said it has been sent from them rather than a dodgy scam. It's becoming really tough to trade on ebay at the moment. They are very keen to take your listing fees but arent really prepared to help you out when things go wrong.

I had one of my accounts suspended due to a complaint.
Someone had hijacked the account, and was selling sunglasses.
Obviously the buyer/s didn't receive them.

I have slated ebay in my response to them, asking why a company that makes so much money, can't afford proper security.

Sorry to here the bad news but thanks for the heads up. Just check mine everything is ok (so far). Do you think it could be key loggers?

Account hacking on eBay does seem to be becoming more and more common these days. It's a shame because in principle eBay is excellent, it's just a shame it's become a victim of its own success....or should I say the users have become a victim of its success, they're now targets for scammers, fraudsters, conmen and dodgy nigerians.

I had one email last week asking me to become a bronze power seller, low and behold even that was a fake email.
Any ebay email I now delete. But have made a habit of changing passwords every week.
You are right Marcel its a great idea but recently it's the users that have been effected not ebay and they don't seem concerned enough to really fix it.

you sure it wasnt a phishing e-mail? i get about 4 a day.. some are very clever
they look like ebay e-mails, you click on the link and put your username in like its a proper ebay log in

i've not been caught out yet thank god. ebay is my main source of income and i'd be screwed if i got my account hacked.

very suprised they didnt change your password

99% of these ********s host their pages on mujweb.cz but mujweb do very little about it

i have my mail program set to instantly delete any e-mail with the strings ebay.cn and mujweb in them

I never respond to any emails from any company, wether I know them or not.

So mine was not down to phishing.

There security may have been breached, or isp email accounts are being hacked to get the info.

Back