Grumpidad's 52 of 2011 - Week 23 of 52 - Broken - Added

Here we are the latest in Sea 'Power' the new Type 45 Destroyer, may we keep on ruling the waves despite a diminished Navy.

20110503-_MG_2719.jpg

good grief ..this looks like something off of james bond.. ships never looked like that in my day... they had portholes cannons ..and everybody had survvy thingie.. (y)

Hiya Pete,

That looks like a powerful ship to me.

I'd like to point out that I think you do really well with the photographs of ships, considering they are normally situated in a place that is probably not the best surrounding for a pretty photo, you always make them look interesting.

Well done

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Pete, your 52 is definitely an original - noone else's is quite like it :)

I love the "tropical" shot - really made me smile

The shot of the destoyer is excellent. I think a little more space in the frame might have improved it.

Cheers, Patrick

Ladies and Gents thanks for all the wonderful comments, unfortunately I have nothing to do with the design a warship. Apparently it used to be done by a woman but now its done by committee. Cutbacks :D

You always do sooo well considering you are probably working in very restricted environments and timeframes when at sea... I love the double edge to your 52! Keep up the good work!

I was having problems with this one so I fell back onto an easy option, usually if a ship is divided its going down and we try not to do that too often.

So, an orange divided.

20110514-_MG_2826.jpg

Hopefully this weeks is more conducive to my usual area.

Pete

Hiya Pete,

Love the divided orange .... and so glad you didn't try to do a divided ship :D

Cheers

I love these simple but well done shots. Great idea for the theme. Excellent colour and lighting. Looks a little soft - not sure if that's the focus or just needs a bit of sharpening in PP

Patrick

Hi, well it fits the theme.

A different colour background might have emphasised the oranges..err...orange colour and it looks a bit blurred to me. I guess if you were on board a ship you have an excuse...

Cheers.

Hiya Pete,

Beautiful photo for Promise. Lovely depth of field with the rose.

Perhaps slightly less brightness of the white on the right would be better, but overall a gorgeous photo.

Well done

Cheers

Had a hard time think what to do for this one :bang:, some I thought of, some other togs did and some where just not feasible. in the end I was feeling down and just like my wife thought of chocolate ;), off I went to the shop and behold ... :D

20110528-_MG_2930.jpg

talk about gobsmacked.

Hi Pete, The sweet itself looks great and well positioned in the frame. My thoughts for possible improvement on the shot are mostly to do with the wrapper, I think the date and barcode at the bottom are a bit distracting. You could possibly fold the wrapper back up and try to get rid of any creases. But I think to get the best from the product shot you would be better investing in another twisted bar to sit alongside the broken one. The other bonus would be getting to eat two of them.
The lightingis more to the back than front, not sure if you intended this but I quite like it that way. My preference would be a non textured surface though (a piece of printer/copier paper is ideal for this.
The main subject matter of the image is spot on for me though.

Hiya Pete,

How lucky for you to find a chocolate with the name 'Twisted', well done. I love creme eggs so will have to try this some time.

I agree with what Colin has already pointed out, so won't repeat what has already been said.

Well done though.

Cheers

Thanks for all the comments ladies and gents.

This week I thought about a bleank page for a hidden photo but nah that was too easy.

So "Hidden" Talent my son plays in a local U9 team and their training session was on Wed so as he was in goal and he actually managed to save some.

20110601-_MG_2954.jpg

Besides nice facials, almost looks like martial arts moves though.

Hi Pete

apologies for missing so many of your weeks :crying:

Promise...great shot , well thought out , great focus on the rings , as Dawn said maybe a tad to bright on the right but a great shot none the less :clap:

Twisted....though I detest creme eggs I love your capture & it's bang on theme (y) Colin has said the rest so I'll say no more

Hidden...great action shot with just the right amount of movement blur... bet you're one proud Dad (y)

Divided..great idea , lovely color in the satsuma/orange & bang on theme(y) Background color & slight OOF already covered

Hiya Pete,

Great shot for hidden (y)

I had to chuckle at how the chap in the top left corner is doing the save action and the youngster standing holding the goal up looks so 'interested' :LOL:

Great action shot though, and well done to your lad for saving some goals.

Cheers

There's so much in your hidden, hhmmm that an oxymoron if I ever heard on, your son blocking the ball, the kid holding the poll, the strewn bikes and balls and the guy top left.

Nice one.

I think maintenance in these circumstances is a good thing ;)

#1 looks strangely bleak, particularly when contrasted with the vibrancy of #2.

I prefer #2 as it is less busy for my poor old eyes whilst remaining perfectly clear as to what is going on. It is also less obviously abandoned looking as I see only one figure in #1 but with the narrow field of view in 2 and the more vivid colurs seems more lively.

Back