Grumpy Southerners, photos and discussion thread.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Post all your grumpy southerner photos and do all your grumbling here, southerners only unless you want grumble about a grumpy southerner in which case this is the place to do it.

I’m grumpy about grumpy northerners who hijack threads and then groan about grumpy southerners who are groaning about the grumpy northerners who are hijacking threads.

Also hi.

Last edited:
I’m grumpy about grumpy northerners who hijack threads and then groan about grumpy southerners who are groaning about the grumpy northerners who are hijacking threads.

Also hi.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I think

I'm a Yorkshire who happens to live in Sussex. Am I a northerner or a southerner?

The wrong answer will make me VERY grumpy.

I'm a Yorkshire who happens to live in Sussex. Am I a northerner or a southerner?

I believe once a Yorkshireman, always a Yorkshireman. Very much a northerner.

Nick - it's true us southerners are a grumpy lot. A friend of mine who is also a photographer called me a 'southern jessie' as I always felt cold and of course, I have this as my forum user name :ROFLMAO:

Having lived in southern England most of my life except for about 20+years just north of Birmingham near Cannock there is a cultural difference between both areas.
I am not saying one is better than the other, that is entirely wrong. It is as far as I can tell depends on what is the type of work in each area. for example the Black country people relied on each other more as a necessity due to the nature of the work. Down south being more office based type of work, to rely on each other is not so important.
So it is not a case of being grumpy but more of an understanding for each region of the country

black country reinactment of the women chain makers strike

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lds1BzdhyM0

Last edited:
I'm a Lancastrian who's lived in various parts of Scotland, Hertfordshire, and various parts of Yorkshire (currently Yorkshire). I've made good friends in all parts. Against my better nature. :(

Southerners being grumpy? Well one thing northerners and southerners agree on is getting too old.
Untitled-1.jpg

My understanding is that a Yorkshireman is a Scot with the generosity removed, I am also led to believe that copper wire was invented by two Yorkshiremen fighting over a penny :D

My understanding is that a Yorkshireman is a Scot with the generosity removed, I am also led to believe that copper wire was invented by two Yorkshiremen fighting over a penny :D
Never ask anyone if they're from Yorkshire, if they are then they'll soon tell you... if they're not, it's a shame to have insulted them! :giggle: ;)

Last edited:

Yorkshire is way down south. Still at least you've moved to the right side of Yorkshire (the outside :coat:)

And in my case, as you know my middle name which is where the "M" comes from in StephenM, you'll know where I got my generous nature from :p

Tulach Ard

:D

Well we better show some shots to keep the mods happy o_O this must be the most miserable\grumpy person you could meet:-
Ok they are crappy snaps with Ozeck 70-250 but..
ozeck 70-250 (2)-550px.jpgozeck 70-250 (3)-550px.jpg

Everybody can be anywhere. Sometime in the 1970s I was just finishing up a wedding job at a village near Exeter when the next wedding was led in by this bloke. I sold the picture and story to 3 different local papers. :clap:

Piper in Cemetry.jpg

Back