GS Woody sticks his tongue out

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
A few more Greater Spotted, hoping your not fed up of them yet :eek:

Got these yesterday late afternoon. The light was changing all the time and was very contrasty. To get a decent shutter speed I was using ISO 1600 up to 3200. keeping detail in the whites and stopping movement was the difficulty. In spite of the high ISO, NR hs only been applied slightly on number 3.

1)
4638290361_d76e4f104b_o.jpg

2)
4638290583_1c6eb0050a_o.jpg

3)
4638900054_3b0f011c40_o.jpg

Hope you approve and thanks for looking.

C & C Welcome

Last edited:
These are O.K. to show the behaviour of the woody but are too poor for anything else really.
Even after all your hard work trying to combat the light etc they tend not to work. IMHO.

Keith (y)

well done getting them Trev they look a tad noisey but can understand why you had to up the ISO and agree about the comp on number two

Thanks Kaz, really I should have gone earlier in the day as you had said, but it was to be on Monday.
They are noisy, maybe a dose of Noiseware would help, I just didnt want to lose any more detail. TBH, at 3200 and 1600 ISO I was pleased with the 7D camera results, these have all been cropped by around 50% too.
Number 2 is my prefered one as well, hopefully I can get up there again before they fledge.

Good effort Trev me mate, number 1 looks a tricky one to pull off but apart from noise in the second and third you did well to come away with something to share.

Those woods have grown so quickly, it's like a blanket has been pulled over and the light at times is shocking.

I am on the lookout for this nest now, might pop up at the weekend

These are O.K. to show the behaviour of the woody but are too poor for anything else really.
Even after all your hard work trying to combat the light etc they tend not to work. IMHO.

Keith (y)

Thanks for your comments Keith. I can see what your saying to a point, and yes there is a noise problem in them all, no excuses there. TBH, I didnt think number 2 was that bad, not perfect by a long way though. I would be interested to hear in a little more detail what you find that poor.
Thanks again (y)

Good effort Trev me mate, number 1 looks a tricky one to pull off but apart from noise in the second and third you did well to come away with something to share.

Those woods have grown so quickly, it's like a blanket has been pulled over and the light at times is shocking.

I am on the lookout for this nest now, might pop up at the weekend
Your right about the light, but its another challenge :) The high ISO hasnt helped the noise but I'm not at all disapointed with the camera as a result of these. Thanks for your comments Dan (y)
Very nicei'd be well happy with those

Thank you, its appreciated (y)

Last edited:
Hi Trev....I think I had been a bit hasty and tarred them all with the same brush.
No 2 IS the pick of the set as he's in a great position but I felt even on this one that it lacked detail and was a bit soft.
Hope you dont mind if I put this mod up ....I think I went overboard with the NR though.
Thanks,Keith (y)
noisywoody_filtered.jpg

Hi Trev....I think I had been a bit hasty and tarred them all with the same brush.
No 2 IS the pick of the set as he's in a great position but I felt even on this one that it lacked detail and was a bit soft.
Hope you dont mind if I put this mod up ....I think I went overboard with the NR though.
Thanks,Keith (y)
[/IMG]

Thank you Keith, no, I dont mind in the least. The edit is better for sure, as you said the NR looks slightly overdone on the tree bark but only a tad. There is more detail and vibrance to it. I find both NR and sharpening a very close call and rarely get it right, but will keep trying (y)

Back