GSW unplanned

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Was waiting for those elusive treecreepers and this turned up, took a shot but focal length was way too long for it, thought it was a decent enough close up though.

Drab and dreary light,needless to say.

GSW feb 14
by Fracster, on Flickr

Thanks for the comment bud.

Your birth was unplanned. Your demise, not so much so:cool:

Thanks Brian, your happy posts always cheer me up, and Karen for commenting.

Sometimes 'drab-n-dreary' light is an advantage - It's very nicely and evenly lit in my opinion and the bird's character is well captured.

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys.

Good detail and colour Ade, the exposure looks just right, as Robin said, you have used the light well. While its a good portrait, for me its just a bit too tight in the frame, otherwise its a good shot (y)

Yes, in a perfect world it would have been nice to have seen some tail included but we all know that photo circumstances are very often far from ideal, and especially if you aren't shooting from a man-made setup or hide.

I think it's always better to enjoy an image for what it is rather than what it's not.

That's a cracker

It would be nice to have the bird smaller in the frame with with space to the right buy hey ho - you were framed tightly. A fine detailed shot that looks good to me.

Last edited:
A sharp detailed shot Ade, I can see why others mention about it being tight in the frame but you gave good reason for this, almost looks as if it has come up close to spy on you instead of the other way around. I like it!

Thanks for all the comments, it is tight, a lot tighter than I usually shoot, but it was too good an opportunity not to press the shutter on.

Back