Guess what I did?

Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_2099.jpg

A few less miles to the gallon than I expected!

DOH

or pinched the radio out of that Volvo while nobody was looking.

im guessing at petrol in a diesel?? gutted! was it expensive to fix??

They have a dedicated 'Fuel Assist' team now?

Hope for your wallet's sake you hadn't driven it there from the filling station

They have a dedicated 'Fuel Assist' team now?

Hope for your wallet's sake you hadn't driven it there from the filling station[/QUOTE
Unfortunately I did not realise I had used the wrong pump - I had pulled up on a diesel only pump, filler open before I saw the out of action tab. reversed and swung round onto another pump and plugged it in . . . all 60 litres. Drove about 3 miles home and only later when it took a couple more spins to start and a mile down the road to a meeting it felt rough pulling away from a level crossing - I began to think back! returned home and parked out front in case it needed towing. AA came within an hour - arriving 9.10am and finished 10.15am. . . . £200 and a full tank lighter. Now it seems to run better as a lighter load as wallet emptied!

Bugger ! at least no real harm was done
Who gets to keep the pumped fuel?
I guess its yours as you paid for it and they never replaced it with Diesel
Or do they ?

Correct me if I am wrong, does this only happen one way because of the size of the fuel nozzle?

Is there not a way for some type of sensor to added to the fuel inlet tank to halt proceedings if the wrong fuel be put in?

In the old days you could always blame the old geezer who filled up for you.

Correct me if I am wrong, does this only happen one way because of the size of the fuel nozzle?

Is there not a way for some type of sensor to added to the fuel inlet tank to halt proceedings if the wrong fuel be put in?

In the old days you could always blame the old geezer who filled up for you.

In theory you can put petrol in a diesel but not the other way round because of the size of the nozzel.

Sadly if you run petrol in a modern diesel engine it can cost £1000s to repair. If you ran diesel in a modern petrol it would just run like crap and stop with no real damage.
So all a bit back to front as normal
:bonk:

Was out of my routine - was on my way back from taking an old friend whose children had confiscated his car on a 50 mile round trip to his dentist and was chatting to him and not concentrating! Fortunately no engine damage seems to have been done. I normally make a thing of double checking as my wife's 960 is petrol. Trebble checking in future. The AA said they get about 300 such calls - possibly day or maybe a week.

Don't feel your the only one. Apparently 400,000 motorists do this each year

No wonder they have a dedicated 'Fuel Assist' team now :D

Thats nearly 1100/ day that can't be right surly :shrug:

There was someone on dragon's den who had designed a way of stopping it happening either way, but his business plan stopped any of them investing if I remember correctly.

[pedant mode] "fewer" [/pedant mode]

Haha!
Or, "A few miles less to the gallon."

Thats nearly 1100/ day that can't be right surly :shrug:
But it might be the same people each time!!

The lass on the AA when I called in said they get about 300 a day to deal with . . . and that's just the AA. Still did not make me feel any better. Car is running OK since - should get better MPG as loading is less with a lighter wallet to carry round!

Bad luck Ely at least the engine seems to be OK I picked the diesel pump up once then when I looked at it I thought bugger lucky diesel pumps or bigger then petrol I remeber it green for green as I have a green car eays for me lol

Back