gulf war buccaneer

Edit My Images
Yes
Heres a few shots of the Buccaneer at Kemble. It was due for a repaint, but not sure if its happened yet??

bucc.jpg

buccaneer.jpg

Neil

clone control tower out and it would be great shot, numebr one is great, awesome low sun too

Thankyou for the comments guys, The buccaneer society have got a large print of no.1 in their crew room at kemble apparently.
Neil

Hope you don't mind. Will remove it if you would like.

This is with regards to #1. The wing tips are too close to the edges of the photograph. By framing the photograph this way you are losing a lot of detail when it comes to the actual aircraft body. This also forces a lot of 'negative space' into the photograph (the sky [although neat as it is], and the foreground [too much]). Perhaps if you had stood a little closer to frame the photograph like this it would have allowed for a more pleasing rule of thirds composition (ROT attributes being the cockpit and vertical stabilizer)?

bucc-c.jpg

I find static aviation images benefit from similar framing to helicopters (you don't really need the rotors in frame).

Last edited:
Nice edit King. I couldn't get any closer as it was parked liveside unfortunately. I never really thought about a tighter crop. I did do a letterbox style crop. I was very lucky to get these shots. I also managed to get a nice pic of a spitfire replica the same day posted below...

spit-1.jpg

Neil

No. 1 great, high impact shot, reminds me of when I spent some time with 22 SQDN in GERMANY 1978.

Back