Gulls, first pics!

Edit My Images
No
Hello, these are my first pics on here, so be nice! C+C... They were shot on b&w film which I processed & printed myself, then scanned the final image
gulls.jpg

gulls-2.jpg

I prefer the first one, which maybe could have been made half a second earlier to get them more on the left.
The second one is a bit too busy for me, would probably work with a single subject there, near the end of those leading lines.
I like the fine grain in the second one quite a bit.

:wave: Hello! and welcome! I agree with Slapo, I prefer the second one, good set of tones going on there, I find B&W quite tricky. look forward to some more posts!!!

I must say personally I really like these! Both very atmospheric in B&W - and I love the slight blur on the wing tips in number 1.

Superb shots IMO!!

Thanks for the comments guys! B&W is my first love, but now I'm no longer at college I don't have access to a dark room :crying: I brought some antiquated old kit off e-bay and am just waiting for my long suffering partner to set up a dark room in the loft, but he says getting the kitchen finished is more important :shrug:

Remember you can take B&W photos with any digi camera if you have a copy of photoshop or something similar. Lots of cameras let you select B&W in the menu options...But the downside of that is you have no control over the conversion.

I have photoshop, but it's still a learning curve for me I've tried creating b&w images with it but they just dont seem to work, I like having the control in the dark room, being able to dodge & burn , chose the exposure time ect... I will get there with photoshop (slowly!) but I do love the hands on aproach!

Back