GUN - 360 Degree Panoramic Shots

Name
Billy Hepburn
Edit My Images
No
Some of the 360 Degree Panoramic images from the GUN gig in Glasgow.

For those who always seem to get confused by these, the images below are the "flat" versions of the interactive shots and are only to give an idea of the content!

You need to click on the link below each photo to view the actual 360 degree panoramic images!

billyh42
elevation360

GUN_Pano_01_720.jpg

http://www.musicpro.co.uk/sites/music/gun/pages/mpro_gun_pano_01.html

GUN_Pano_02_720.jpg

http://www.musicpro.co.uk/sites/music/gun/pages/mpro_gun_pano_02.html

GUN_Pano_03_720.jpg

http://www.musicpro.co.uk/sites/music/gun/pages/mpro_gun_pano_03.html

I click on th elinks and get "Java plug in fatal error" here.

I click on th elinks and get "Java plug in fatal error" here.

At the risk of stating the obvious, you have a problem with your Java! :LOL:

The links and associated panos are all working as they should on the FireFox, IE, Chrome, Opera and Safari web browsers.

These images don't require any special software or plugins and the only thing that would prevent them from working is a problem with your Java installation.

Doesn't hurt to always have the latest version of Java installed as it's needed for most web media nowadays.

billyh42
elevation360

At the risk of stating the obvious

It might be obvious to you.

Sorted now, it wasn't the java, that was the problem, it was the computer's memory cache size.

These are great, i've probably led a sheltered life but this is the first 360 music panorama i've seen!

I also quite like the effect of the flat image, might I ask how they're created / number of shots used to make them?

Another one here wanting to know the secret of how to do these. They are so cool!!

I just cant fathom how you get it too all match up. I mean the lighting must be changing all the time. And people moving etc.

Is this shot with the 30mm listed in your sig? it looks like a lower mm (can't think of the correct wording)

These are great, i've probably led a sheltered life but this is the first 360 music panorama i've seen!

I've done this type of shot for a while and posted quite a few in these forums.

Have a look at www.musicpro.co.uk or www.elevation360.com for more of the same.

I also quite like the effect of the flat image, might I ask how they're created / number of shots used to make them?

These are all 4 hand-held shots manually stitched together using PTGui.

billyh42
elevation360

Another one here wanting to know the secret of how to do these. They are so cool!!

Cheers, they're just 4 shots manually stitched together.

1- front, 2 - right, 3 - rear and 4 - left.

I just cant fathom how you get it too all match up. I mean the lighting must be changing all the time. And people moving etc.

The area in which people are moving is a very small overlap and doesn't affect things too much. Small differences are averaged out in the stitching.

Lighting doesn't matter too much as it's only really important in the first shot - i.e. the shot looking forward.

Is this shot with the 30mm listed in your sig? it looks like a lower mm (can't think of the correct wording)

I think you're looking at the "sig" from kluen's post, I don't mention equipment in mine.

However, these shots were using an 8mm lens.

An extreme wide-angle lens isn't strictly necessary but it cuts down on the number of shots needed to give the full 360 degrees x 360 degrees!

billyh42
elevation360

Very, very clever and as always I am in awe as to how you execute these.

:clap:

Back