G'us a bell, blue

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a great day out today talking pish and nonsense with Ross and taking the odd shot along the way. I did end up using the little lumix and as always it was great fun to shoot with. Gets some great looks from the "serious" snappers perched on top of a tripod too. :D

I have a real problem shooting bluebells as they flatly refuse to conform to my need for ultimate order, balance and simplicity in my shots. I've tried to embrace the chaos as best I can and had a few different looks in mind when I set off this morning. There were a few that I'm quite liking so I thought I'll throw them to the wolves. :D

One that got treated to a little border...

picture-2.jpg

...and a couple that didn't.

picture-3.jpg

picture-4.jpg

picture-5.jpg

The last one I like a lot, the first one I feel needs more of the bluebells at the bottom.

Like the 2nd one a lot. The colours in the leaves are really lovely. Last one is crisp and sharp. Really vibrant colours. Nice captures (y)

Thanks for taking the time folks. Oddly the last one is my least favourite and nearly got dropped off the short list a few times. :LOL:

My initial idea for the first shot was with no ground in at all, I was just so captivated by the brilliance of the colour from the sun shining through the new leaves. It seemed a little churlish though to ignore the bells completely, so I used a small slice of colour to base the frame. It won't work for everyones tastes for sure but I've long since accepted that what I like, generally sits well outside popular opinion.

Which could make my images a great investment for after I'm dead folks, so don't be too shy to make an offer. ;):LOL:

Glad you liked the seahorse leaf DD, far more my kind of nonsense and possibly my fave of the bunch. :)

I'm daring to be different, I like 2 for its details, colours and textures.

I'm daring to be different, I like 2 for its details, colours and textures.

Thanks, it's my pick of the bunch. Such a lovely little leaf just caught in that bit of spiders web, waiting to be photographed.

Cheers Glo. You'd probably like that 3rd shot even less if it had uploaded to the .mac gallery as I wanted it too. It got a little over punchy as the look I wanted was far more pastel and more akin to an old and well worn liberty print.

P1010911.jpg

1 and 2 for me Daz, old bean, with No2 being the pick IMO. (y)

Loving No 1 Daz (y) Keep up that sort of standard and you'll make a half decent snapper chap ;)

Lets not get carried away eh Eric. :nono::LOL:

While I'm thinking about something totally different.... Are you going to japfest? Make a nice change to have you get some shots of me at Combe for once. ;)

Be easier for me to say which one I dont like ... and that #3.
For me #3 lacks the punch and dynamics of the others ... all of which I think are fabulous! (y)

Agreed, can't really fault the other three :)

I was toying with the idea of bringing the new wee beasty out for a run (y) It'll be public parking for me as I've not got a stand pass (not that they would let me on anyway:LOL:) And I'll certainly be bringing the gear.........if it fits in the boot:thinking:

Agreed, can't really fault the other three :)

Your just not trying hard enough. :cautious: I'm sure I could find plenty. ;)

The second one for me... the composition is just wonderful!

I watched a program the other night about how our native bluebells are being pushed out by a usurper.. the Spanish Bluebell. A bit like the red grey squirrel scenario.
In the woodlands there are now hybrids and our natives will start to become less and less.

I rushed outside to look at swathes of bluebells in the garden of our new house......................and they are all SPANISH!!!! :eek:

They differ in that the British ones hang down like a bell and are more purple... whereas the spanish ones grow up a stalk and dont hang down and are lighter blue.

Just in case anyone is interested!!!! :D

Spanish_Bluebells.jpg

Spanish_Bluebell.jpg

2 & 4 for me. I love the texture and colours in 2 :clap:

Very good - It's always difficult to capture the correct colours of these flowers, they can turn purple if you are not careful (something to do with the IR or UV light I believe)

I take shots of these lovely aromatic flowers in the woods adjacent to our horses fields every year, and I'm always trying to come up with a different view of them, you have done this well with 1,2 & 4.

oh wow...I love these but I have to say the one of the leaves is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous tones and colours, a wonderful shot indeed!

I absolutely adore the first one! Minimalist in the blue department which adds to it's magical charm. Turned it from 'cliche' into art! :clap:

#1 is pick of the bunch for me, the bluebells along the bottom really make it for me.

Back