Gutted Donington F1 Motor Museum has closed

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
I was going to pop down to this museum today as I've not been for a few years and last time I went I'd only just started out in photography so my photos weren't the best. Anyway I was gutted to find out that they closed it last November due to MSV not finding it a worthwhile/lucrative business. It's such a shame we can no longer view these magnificent cars that have shaped the history of motorsport, and particularly F1. I know MSV are a business but it's a shame they couldn't see past it for the love and nostalgia of motorsport.

A few of my (not so great) pics from last time I went

DSC02920-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC02900
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC02851a
by TDG-77, on Flickr

This has been on the cards for many years, the museum I believe was a personal project by Tom Wheatcroft (previous owner of Donington), and it housed some of his own cars, but most of the exhibits were on loan (and I suspect they have gone back to their respective owners), and with MSV now operating, it didn't appear to fit into their business plan.

This has been on the cards for many years, the museum I believe was a personal project by Tom Wheatcroft (previous owner of Donington), and it housed some of his own cars, but most of the exhibits were on loan (and I suspect they have gone back to their respective owners), and with MSV now operating, it didn't appear to fit into their business plan.
Yep, all true and correct, but it's still a shame (y)

Trouble is, it’s a bit like Woolies, when it shut everyone went “I loved Woolworth’s, it shouldn’t shut” - “when did you last use it?” “Oh I haven’t been in for years!” As you say you’d not been there for a few years, “love and nostalgia” doesn’t make good business practice.

Trouble is, it’s a bit like Woolies, when it shut everyone went “I loved Woolworth’s, it shouldn’t shut” - “when did you last use it?” “Oh I haven’t been in for years!” As you say you’d not been there for a few years, “love and nostalgia” doesn’t make good business practice.
Completely get that, all I was saying is that it's a shame (y)

Back