Gynandromorph Poplar Hawk Moth

That`s really nice and unusual , a great find.
On this subject, I am in a couple of FB Groups and someone last week posted a Butterfly, not like yours here though, this one was 50/50 of what looked like 2 different Butterflies, now that`s weird.

That`s really nice and unusual , a great find.
On this subject, I am in a couple of FB Groups and someone last week posted a Butterfly, not like yours here though, this one was 50/50 of what looked like 2 different Butterflies, now that`s weird.
Thanks Graham, couldn't believe my luck when I found it. The butterfly someone posted may be a gynandromorph too, remember that many butterflies are very sexually dimorphic so it may appear to be two different species due to the difference between the sexes in that species.

Incredible ;)

Thanks Graham, couldn't believe my luck when I found it. The butterfly someone posted may be a gynandromorph too, remember that many butterflies are very sexually dimorphic so it may appear to be two different species due to the difference between the sexes in that species.
And here it is.

Attachments

• 2 different butterflies.jpg
    2 different butterflies.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 6
And here it is.
Hi Graham,

Thanks for the image, I'm not sure on this one as the right side looks to be the upper side of a Melitaea aetherie, Aetherie Fritillary but the left side does not but it does look to me like the underside of another species that I cannot identify, I have a feeling this specimen may be either be a collage of two species or a doctored specimen. I would love to be proved wrong on that but that is what I suspect.

Yes a Melitaea aetherie ( Heath Fritillary) and something like Melitaea didyma (Spotted Fritillary) I really do not think this has been PS`d.

Back