had a play with new light tent

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Got a light tent (from here :)) and finally had a play.

D300 with a Nikon 55mm AIS macro on a tripod, light tent with black background, 2x SB600s.

C&C welcome (just noticed that the resizing has lost a lot of the sharpness :()

3849125920_87666f8c26_o.jpg

3848333523_4ba76360a8_o.jpg

3849125982_c5925b1cda_o.jpg

3849125594_d86d8afd75_o.jpg

3848333445_d3e51533b1_o.jpg

3848333371_8db3256769_o.jpg

Last edited:
There seems to be something wrong with your black backgrounds as they aren't totally black all over and it is very distracting. I don't know if it was the lighting or something you did in PP but a quick levels adjustment should sort it out easily enough.

Little white or grey dots? I thought that was dust/dirt on my screen :LOL: Saying that, I can only notice 2/3 spots in pic 3

If you can only spot a few specs in no. 3 then your screen must need calibrating because the bottom half of the image is covered with dozens of spots. The only 1 I can't see a problem with is number 5.

what the hell is wrong with my bloody laptop :bang: Looked fine on there, but on the PC upstairs (24" LCD :)) can see the problem. Will clean up tomorrow and repost!

There seems to be something wrong with your black backgrounds as they aren't totally black all over and it is very distracting. I don't know if it was the lighting or something you did in PP but a quick levels adjustment should sort it out easily enough.

If you can only spot a few specs in no. 3 then your screen must need calibrating because the bottom half of the image is covered with dozens of spots. The only 1 I can't see a problem with is number 5.

They look good to Graham all the backgrounds stuffs just nit picking, sure I can see a few but so what, good composition and lightings very nice (y)

They look good to Graham all the backgrounds stuffs just nit picking, sure I can see a few but so what, good composition and lightings very nice (y)

sadly, I dont think its just nit-picking after I saw it on my desktop :eek:

Will cleanup, resize and reload tonight... Its a shame that so much of the crispness has been lost with the resizing, oh well, thanks!

sadly, I dont think its just nit-picking after I saw it on my desktop :eek:
I'm pleased you agree because it wasn't my intention to nit pick at all. The way the pictures appeared on my screen the backgrounds were very distracting. The actual subject matter and composition is very good.

I'm pleased you agree because it wasn't my intention to nit pick at all. The way the pictures appeared on my screen the backgrounds were very distracting. The actual subject matter and composition is very good.

I was rather annoyed at first (as all I could see was a few little dots), but then I saw what you were talking about and was shocked! However cannot see it on my work PC with 19" LCDs but definitely saw it on my home desktop.

100% agree with you, so will be cleaning up and reloading tonight! Will be putting up large images as so much of the image is lost in the resizing...

Thanks!

I'm now looking at these on a different screen but the backgrounds look perfectly black to me now and some of the detail that seemed to have been lost in the downsizing looks a lot better now.

I'm pleased I've been of some help even if I did annoy at first and get a some mild abuse along the way. :p

I'm now looking at these on a different screen but the backgrounds look perfectly black to me now and some of the detail that seemed to have been lost in the downsizing looks a lot better now.

I'm pleased I've been of some help even if I did annoy at first and get a some mild abuse along the way. :p

Pictures are a fair bit larger and I tried to keep a lot of the quality. Was not happy with that about the 1st set.

Really appreciate the points you raised, as it was something I did not even see!! But should all be cleaned up now :) Also something I never even considered looking for... learnt something new :clap:

Sorry if you took it like that, it wasnt meant like that I meant its a valid but only a minor detail :hug:

looked minor on my laptop and work PC, but home PC was horrible! All sorted now!

Sorry if you took it like that, it wasnt meant like that I meant its a valid but only a minor detail :hug:

On my laptop it looked far from a minor detail and definately worth mentioning. It's all sorted now so lets have a group hug and move on. :LOL:

Nice set, all well composed there (y)

#2 & #5 are my pick of the bunch :)

Back