Hadleigh Castle, Essex

shrimperblue

Suspended / Banned
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hello all, this was taken by myself at the location above and tweaked in Lightroom.

Love to hear your thoughts :)
hadleighcastle.jpg

Hello again SB ... :D ... have you introduced yourself via the WELCOME forum yet ... :thinking:

This is a well composed subject but I think it lacks contrast and definition ... :shrug: ... maybe worth trying it in mono and making sure you increase the grey scale contrast ... :thinking:

:p

Hi Ven, thanks for your welcome :)

I know what you mean i'll try that.

Like the sky, as it's invariably a plain dull uniform grey whenever I'm there......

Not too sure about the castle itself though. For some reason, it looks a bit on the grey side (if you know what I mean), can't figure out if there's a blue cast to the picture in general, or whether the corrections you made (presumably to recover the sky) have bleached it a bit...

Edit - Ven beat me to it, and managed to convey my thoughts much better than I did.....

lol thanks.

Well I toned the Castle. The original pic was actually taken during an amazing sun set so the colour of the brick is that golden warm colour. It wasn't grey at all.

Yes I still have it. I will dig it out and post it for you to see. I wanted to try and capture the surrealness (is that a word) of the castle. Making it moody on a blue sky.

This is a 10-15 minute walk down the road from my house, I've been meaning to get down there and take photos myself sometime, but the weather hasn't been the best recently. Nice shot.

Back