Hadrian's Wall Sunrise

That's very nice Graham, lovely light, well controlled exposure, and a very nice sky.(y)

George.

Well worth the lonely trek!

Thanks very much folks. Very kind.

cracking shot!!

what settings and filters did you use on this ?

Thanks. No filters. Just two shots blended. One exposed for sky and the other for foreground. Shot at 12mm (equivalent to 24mm), ISO 200. f/5.6. Think the two exposures were 1/320 and 1/40. Something like that.

It was shot using the Olympus hires mode so even with a tiny bit of cropping, the final image is a whopping 54 megapixels!

Very nicely done, lovely scene. How long was the hike and where did you park up?

The hike is actually pretty short, I guess about 25 mins. It took longer for me because it was completely dark when I set off and took a while for my eyes to adjust. A cleverer person may have thought to take a head torch!

I parked in a verge opposite side of the road to the farm track leading to Hot bank farm. The verge isn't obvious from above but you can get your car right off the road there. The farm track is the access route that takes you up to the pennine way. You just head east once you see the foot path signs going off the farm track.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...444f9a49787220c!8m2!3d55.0025113!4d-2.3536348

Last edited:
great capture Graham, nicely exposed and the leading lines work really well, a thought out composition that looks really nice.

I like that very much (y)

Back