Hadrons 23 52 Attempt (Constructive crit appreciated). Week 8......In the Kitchen

Week 4 - Transparent.
Pouring a G&T for my wife and mother in law last night I was taken by how the under cupboard lights in the kitchen illuminated the Transparent glasses. It's not quite turned out as I was hoping but I still quite like it. I'd be interested to know peoples thoughts.
Thanks for looking.

Transparent by Jcw Photographic, on Flickr

Yep. Really nice shot. I looked at a number of glass photos for this week and that's up with many of them!

Only thing might be the look of it floating, a relfection of the base could help with that. Can be done with either a reflective base, or your glass balanced on an upside down one. Or probably easiest, done in Photoshop. ;)

Nicely done. I'd maybe tidy up the reflections around the middle but it still works as it is.

I think its really cool Hadron but I'm struggling a bit with the smudges(?) above the liquid. I think that I agree with Dave above.

I like this, it's leaning towards the "fine art" element of photography. Love the low key.

I don’t know what you had in mind, but out of all the still-life/studies there’s been this week, I think this easily has the best lighting.

It elevates it into a photograph rather than a picture of a thing. If that makes sense.

A good job, well done!

Yep. Really nice shot. I looked at a number of glass photos for this week and that's up with many of them!

Only thing might be the look of it floating, a relfection of the base could help with that. Can be done with either a reflective base, or your glass balanced on an upside down one. Or probably easiest, done in Photoshop. ;)

Nicely done. I'd maybe tidy up the reflections around the middle but it still works as it is.

I think its really cool Hadron but I'm struggling a bit with the smudges(?) above the liquid. I think that I agree with Dave above.

I like this, it's leaning towards the "fine art" element of photography. Love the low key.
Thanks all, appreciate the feedback. Entirely agree about the smudges/reflections in the glass (I think it’s a case of rushing certain elements due to time constraints at the moment). Also see the point about the glass floating in space, I think that was a result of my processing in the I was trying to darken down the slightly out of place foreground (edge of work top).
Thanks again really appreciate the comments and crit. I’m hoping in a couple of weeks things will ease up a bit and I can try and spend a bit of time commenting back a bit more.

Great idea and well executed. As you say a bit nicer location would have been good. Presume the shots were taken a few hours apart so well done getting the same viewpoint for each.

Maybe a more gradual transition between the two could work too?

Very clever picture! Wouldn’t know where to start to do that. I think the picture is interesting, you can make your own story from it.

Clever, I like it!

Great idea and well executed. As you say a bit nicer location would have been good. Presume the shots were taken a few hours apart so well done getting the same viewpoint for each.

Maybe a more gradual transition between the two could work too?

Very clever picture! Wouldn’t know where to start to do that. I think the picture is interesting, you can make your own story from it.

Well done. I like it a lot.

A great idea and pretty well executed.

nice work!
Thanks all, will try and get more active in the comments over the next few weeks hopefully :)

Nice clean, sharp, contrasty image.

Like the lighting on the Transparent shot, really makes it one of the best "glass" shots.
Snappers choice works nicely for the tech.
Again really good lighting on your Knob shot and the composition combine to make it an interesting image.

That’s dedication to the cause to get them all lined up. Good photo, captured the tones well to give it some life and depth.

Well arranged, hard lighting works well here to give sharp edges to the shadows, nicely defining the envelope edges

That's rather creative and original

Good idea and set up, don't think I would have the patience to place them

That’s dedication to the cause to get them all lined up. Good photo, captured the tones well to give it some life and depth.

Well arranged, hard lighting works well here to give sharp edges to the shadows, nicely defining the envelope edges

Really creative take on the theme, very well composed.

Thanks all, really appreciate you taking the time to comment especially seeing as I've been so rubbish in that respect myself currently :ty:

Great simple colourful, well set up image. Nice and bright and shiny on the salad. Although the tomatoes and carrot looks a little "arranged", or 'placed' rather than naturally. Unless that's how your daughter has her salad?

Mmmm prawns!

Nice shot :)

Letters. Simple but really effective. I like the semi-abstract look.
Kitchen. Nice on but not a turnip in sight :exit:

Nice shot, not enough of a meal for me but I like the composition.

Getting a catch-up on some comments!

Snappers Choice - An interesting take on the "Tech", a smoother transition from the dark to light would help.

Knob(s) - Composition works well, helped by the lighting and mono processing.

Letters - Inventive and interesting.

Kitchen - Deconstructed prawn salad? I would happily snack on the contents.

Back