Hahnel Tripod customer service

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, new to this forum but just had to pass on a bit of good news in an age of rubbish customer service. Not a big user of tripods and having tried a few lower end Manfrottos, I went for the Hahnel Triad 40! - cheap, solid build and did the job for most circumstances.
Anyhoo, the point of this post is when things go wrong. One of the locking knobs on the head went AWOL. This only proved a problem when doing underslung, wonky angle stuff with a heavy lens meaning gravity kicked in and spun the camera round. An email to Hahnel, based in Cork, and a response from Joanne came within the hour. OK, it was the wrong response in that she thought I was talking about something else. Another post with a photo pointing to the bit that's missing and in less than 24 hrs the part is being dispatched FOC :)

Brilliant

Can anyone beat this service?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0046EDM1U/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I feel I will add to this thread as I have had a Giga T Pro II for over two years never used it till a few weeks ago .
I could not get it to work ,went to my local camera shop (park cameras) They determined like me it was the connecting lead but did not have one in stock.
I emailed Hahnel told them how old it was etc ,received a email from monica at Hahnel telling me that a new lead would be dispatched in a few days free of charge ,yes even no postage and packing so totally free.
Reply was on a Monday I received the new cable Friday it came by air as well not on a slow boat from Ireland ...
So hats off to all at Hahnel for excellent customer service and looking after their customers .

Back