Hahnel Tuff TTL wireless triggers

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone had any hands-on time with these (new, I think) TTL wireless triggers from Hahnel?

http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm/action/productSearch/pid/121

At £89 for a transmitter and receiver pair I'm really tempted to upgrade from my eBay-special iShoot PT-04s. They've served me well enough, but having the flexibility of off-camera TTL and HSS without having to worry about line-of-sight would be great.

I've just read the review, they look great but compared to the competition a bit limited, if you can live without manual options, or setting ratios from the camera position they're OK.

For me, I love my PW TT5s, which ill be expanding further, but they're much more expensive.

It's become an interesting market though, it seemed miraculous when we heard early rumours of the Radiopoppers in the States. Now there are several options with more to come.

Ah, I missed that bit in the FAQ:

If I am using one transmitter to fire multiple flash guns, is it possible to control the output level of each unit?

No, all flash units in TTL mode will receive the same output level instruction from the camera.

That might be a deal breaker for me. I'd be better of sticking with Canon's built-in wireless E-TTL in that case and breaking out the PT-04s for manual mode when line of sight isn't an option. At least, that is, until I can justify some PWs.

Thanks Phil.

Last edited:
I use 55ex flashes...with a 50d and 5d mi...so wouldnt get the most from these...but love YN stuff...currenty use 602's...

STEVIER

Back