Haida 10 stop filters

thats the new one, i went for one yesterday, should be here today or tomorrow

niceone. Ive been looking to get into landscapes for awhile and think these could make for a nice addition to the camera bag.

How did it compare to the Lightcraft Workshop in the magazine review?

Any sort of swap shop going on on this forum i have a 77mm hoya pro1 polariser i want to swap for a 10stop.

Last edited:
Thinking about buying one for my Tamron 17-50. £30 for the 67mm one is worth a shot i guess.

What sort of lenses are you guys using these on? At present the filter sizes I have/would use this on is 52mm and 67mm but if I decided to buy a wide angle lens at some point they all seem to have 77mm filter sizes. Would I be able to step up to 77mm or would it cause problems?

stepping up would cause no problem. So buy the biggest size and just buy step up ring like 52- 77, 67-77 etc.

I know is a older version but it still good ........

Did any of you guys that bought the new haida 10 stop off ebay get it yet? Im eager to hear your views before I get mine

I got mine today, ordered it yesterday. Not played with it yet though.

Nice one sounds like a fast hassle free delivery. Cant wait to get mine!! :)

do you have problems keeping image in focus when putting it on the lens my wide angle does not have a focus lock on it
I focus in live view mode with the filter on. It's no problem getting a bright enough image on the display to focus accurately.

Thats the one I bought, im sure it's the new version.

Yeah looks like the new one but at £50 its getting scarily close to the £65 price of the lightcraft which has been well tested and well received.

This is mine, still not used it :)

ras0416.jpg

ras0414.jpg

How do you guys release the shutter of the D700 on long exposures? On my D7000 I used a wireless IR remote that worked well. Is there a cheap solution like a cable release?

How do you guys release the shutter of the D700 on long exposures? On my D7000 I used a wireless IR remote that worked well. Is there a cheap solution like a cable release?
This should work on your d700 too as with any nikon dslr doesn't it?

Whats the difference between the new version and the older version? I gonna order my on Sunday but can't decide which to buy yet. The older version i can get hold on ebay is 67mm size and is around £31 and the new version is 77mm size and is around £49.

I have step up ring from 52- 77 and 67 -77 but i will mainly use on my 67mm Tamron lens.

Make sense to buy the 77mm right?

Whats the difference between the new version and the older version? I gonna order my on Sunday but can't decide which to buy yet. The older version i can get hold on ebay is 67mm size and is around £31 and the new version is 77mm size and is around £49.

I have step up ring from 52- 77 and 67 -77 but i will mainly use on my 67mm Tamron lens.

Make sense to buy the 77mm right?
I would say it makes since to go with the 77mm you might want to get a uwa in the future. The new one is coated to help with lens flare i guess.

Got one of these based on earlier recommendations - very impressed. Hardly any colour correction needed and its great at NT places - long exposures blur out moving tourists!

What about the Hitech Filters?

I've just order one of these today :)

Can't wait to get it and hopefully will get it in time for my holiday on the weekend.

Ordered mine a couple of days ago.

I also bought a 72mm-77 mm step up filter ring adapter, so I can use it not only on my Siggy 10-20mm but now on my Tamron 17-50mm VC too :)

All for £54.94 to the door :)

Last edited:
How timely I've spotted this thread. I got the previous version Haida only a couple of weeks ago for the versy same reason as many have posted... to get to grips with a 10-stopper without breaking the bank. I've not used it with vengeance yet but some of the pics posted are stunning so looking forward to seeing what I can get out of it.
Bit gutted I didn't know about the newer version now though...

That's a fair point....i never thought about it. Not a lot more money anyway. 52mm filter was £15.

Back