Hail from Charnwood in Leicestershire

Name
Melissa
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

I'm new -always fancied myself as having a good eye for a good photograph but budget prevented me from indulging, until now...

I have not gone too mad and just bought myself a sensible Nikon D5600 DSLR. I want to get a longer lens for wildlife. I also hope to hook the D5600 up to my telescope (I have been an amateur astronomer for many years).

Right now I'd like to connect with anyone / clubs in my area so that I can hopefully tag along and learn from others more in the know than I ;-)

Thanks,
Melissa

Hi Melissa, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi Melissa, welcome to the forum, have fun here :welcome:

Hi there,

I'm new -always fancied myself as having a good eye for a good photograph but budget prevented me from indulging, until now...

I have not gone too mad and just bought myself a sensible Nikon D5600 DSLR. I want to get a longer lens for wildlife. I also hope to hook the D5600 up to my telescope (I have been an amateur astronomer for many years).

Right now I'd like to connect with anyone / clubs in my area so that I can hopefully tag along and learn from others more in the know than I ;-)

Thanks,
Melissa

Welcome to the forum Melissa- from a seriously dedicated Wildlife Photographer :) Long lens is a must to shoot wildlife, I would suggest maybe a 2nd hand Sigma 150-600mm ot the Tamron equivalent may suit your purpose

I shoot SONY and found the Sony 200-600mm Grand Master Lens suits me perfectly amongst the several Sony lenses I own :)

Les :)

PS have a butchers at my Flickr account below- if you need to see some examples of a long zoom lens

Last edited by a moderator:
Back