Hairy Soldier

5 + 6 for me, excellent (y)

Love #1 a lot Byrn(y) I am still debating whether to get the venus or not.

Be careful I was so close to getting rid of it as struggled badly with new camera... managed to get into swing again least I hope so :D

First shot is fab - what a hair bugger he is! 4 + 6 are very cool too

Thanks found him again today and gave it a little stroke for being so cooperate

5 + 6 for me, excellent (y)

Thanks for your comment much appreciated

4 and 5 are nice head on shots. Liking 1 a lot too.

Pity the dof was out on 2.:p

Haha you noticed.... think it would have needed a couple of shot stack unfortunately it was moving about a lot so didn't get more than one shot

Thanks for the comment

Why did you struggle it with your new camera? I really need to get better magnification for the bugs:D

For some reason above 1:1 I couldn't tell when something was in focus and it seemed like it was making a double image in the viewfinder. Sorted it now not sure what I've done but it is easier now :)

For some reason above 1:1 I couldn't tell when something was in focus and it seemed like it was making a double image in the viewfinder. Sorted it now not sure what I've done but it is easier now :)

Em.......I still am not sure about the venus. seriously, I really would like the MP-E but which means I have to get a Canon body as well :( what should I do? lol:D

Em.......I still am not sure about the venus. seriously, I really would like the MP-E but which means I have to get a Canon body as well :( what should I do? lol:D

Don't think you'd like the weight of the MPE on a canon body and with my lighting setup.. :D

Great shots Bryn, Is this shot with the laowa 15mm? (venus). Just got one today on a whim as seen some great stuff on flickr and youtube. (these shots too) knew it would be a tricky /niche lens and i'm sure a learning curve ahead. Any tips?

Great shots Bryn, Is this shot with the laowa 15mm? (venus). Just got one today on a whim as seen some great stuff on flickr and youtube. (these shots too) knew it would be a tricky /niche lens and i'm sure a learning curve ahead. Any tips?

Sorry not the 15mm but the 60mm. Not used the 15mm but know it is a tricky beast and very close focus for 1:1. Good luck with it. :)

Sorry not the 15mm but the 60mm. Not used the 15mm but know it is a tricky beast and very close focus for 1:1. Good luck with it. :)

got some time this afternoon to have a play with it. It will be a learning curve i as you said lol. Finding focus is a challenge, still early on but i swear what i see in the viewfinder is not what i get in the image. It almost seems like when you move into focus it distorts in some way! Is this in any way similar on the 60mm?... any way....got a couple of shots i was happy with. Pretty cool being able to show the environment and bugs themselves. example below. (stupidly realised i was shooting at high iso!!! school boy error)

DSC_1166.jpg

got some time this afternoon to have a play with it. It will be a learning curve i as you said lol. Finding focus is a challenge, still early on but i swear what i see in the viewfinder is not what i get in the image. It almost seems like when you move into focus it distorts in some way! Is this in any way similar on the 60mm?... any way....got a couple of shots i was happy with. Pretty cool being able to show the environment and bugs themselves. example below. (stupidly realised i was shooting at high iso!!! school boy error)

View attachment 64555

Not the same with the 60mm though do occasionally get double vision through it think that problem is gone now my eyes have got used to it again.

i'm pretty sure its the same with this. Double vision makes sense. You go into the focus area and then it goes a bit crazy on the eye. seems to settle when you move in or out of the focus point. Played with the dial on the viewfinder which i hope will help but not sure yet will have to see. does that that sound similar to the 60mm?

All great shots and good find but they look a bit too bright in my screen.

Thanks William is your screen calibrated? Looks OK on computer bright on mobile. :Do thanks for the comment.

i'm pretty sure its the same with t his. Double vision makes sense. You go into the focus area and then it goes a bit crazy on the eye. seems to settle when you move in or out of the focus point. Played with the dial on the viewfinder which i hope will help but not sure yet will have to see. does that that sound similar to the 60mm?

The dial on viewfinder won't help unless you haven't previously calibrated it to your eye. Eg with another lens

Sounds like same issue. Though it does go away on focus point now not sure if my eye has just got used to it and it only occurs on 2:1 magnification.

All superb Bryn really good colours and details
Exposure looks spot on to me

Back