hal 9000

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello
Playing around with a 3d modelling program again. For any Stanley Kubrick fans out there.
Regards Matthew

hal5.jpg

Dunno what it is, never seen Hal 9000 either :) Sorry! TO me, it would appear to be just a red light :D It is abstract as hell :D

Gary.

from "2001".

Surely you must have seen it EG?

The image is the 'eye' of the computer that gets an attitude.

Never seen 2001 a space odyssey ?

You must be a lot younger than your post-count suggests:baby:

:D

I had a deprived childhood you know. Anyway, it was all about Terminator 2 when I was younger. I am a child of the eighties :) In fact I think I was born a few months before The Shining was released...

Gary.

Dunno what it is, never seen Hal 9000 either :) Sorry! TO me, it would appear to be just a red light :D It is abstract as hell :D

Gary.

Fair enough Gary. When I first saw it as a 11 yr old on the big screen in 66 the film seemed abstract as all hell too! Hal has a few memorable lines like:
I'm sorry, I can't do that Dave.... in a creepy voice.

Anyhow with some self critique now, my pic is a little lame as far as making you feel that your looking at the eye of a deranged or neurotic computer that's spinning out!

Can I not just wait for a remake? :D

Gary.

You've never even heard of the famous "duuum, duuuum duuuuuurrrrrr" soundtrack? (oh dear, it's hard to explain music in a post without using a link)
Anyway, I doubt a remake will be made as it doesn't need it. Although a sequel was made, called "2010" which starred Roy Shinedier (excuse the spelling, he was of Seaquest fame).
And why 2001 doesn't need a remake?, Ever since it was made in 1967 (the year I was born), it is one of the most amazing sci-fi films and is Stanley Krubuck's finest work. At over two and a half hours long with very little in the way of zap-bang action (it even has no sound or music in the outer space scenes - that was due to Stanley's trademark insistance on accuracy since sound cannot travel in the vacuum of space) it may come across as being long and plodding, but by God the film is waaaaaay ahead of it's time.
You can get it or rent it very easily on DVD, and perfect for showing it off on a widescreen TV (a film that is well worth being digitally remastered and released on Blu-Ray!).

You've never even heard of the famous "duuum, duuuum duuuuuurrrrrr" soundtrack? (oh dear, it's hard to explain music in a post without using a link)
Anyway, I doubt a remake will be made as it doesn't need it. Although a sequel was made, called "2010" which starred Roy Shinedier (excuse the spelling, he was of Seaquest fame).
And why 2001 doesn't need a remake?, Ever since it was made in 1967 (the year I was born), it is one of the most amazing sci-fi films and is Stanley Krubuck's finest work. At over two and a half hours long with very little in the way of zap-bang action (it even has no sound or music in the outer space scenes - that was due to Stanley's trademark insistance on accuracy since sound cannot travel in the vacuum of space) it may come across as being long and plodding, but by God the film is waaaaaay ahead of it's time.
You can get it or rent it very easily on DVD, and perfect for showing it off on a widescreen TV (a film that is well worth being digitally remastered and released on Blu-Ray!).

This film better be worth the hype! :D

Gonna get it.

Gary.

How about a taster

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWnmCu3U09w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWnmCu3U09w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.:)

from "2001".

Surely you must have seen it EG?

The image is the 'eye' of the computer that gets an attitude.

Fair enough Gary. When I first saw it as a 11 yr old on the big screen in 66 the film seemed abstract as all hell too! Hal has a few memorable lines like:
I'm sorry, I can't do that Dave.... in a creepy voice.

Anyhow with some self critique now, my pic is a little lame as far as making you feel that your looking at the eye of a deranged or neurotic computer that's spinning out!

Hal was neither with an attitude nor was he deranged / neurotic! He was given instructions that conflicted with the objective of the flight's overall mission.

As for his voice, how else would one expect an "emotionless" being to sound?

Of all that has been created, the Hal 9000 are probably more humane than mankind itself.

As for the picture, I love it .. the movie, it's borderline blasphemy to not have seen it :shake:

"Daisy Daisy give me your answer do"

I think, from memory, that the music is Bach, "Thus spoke Zarathusta".

I think it was Johan Strauss, Blue Danube

[YOUTUBE]r0VUXLsBSjo[/YOUTUBE] ... link

There were two pieces of music. the opening titles, which was zarathustra and the other was The Blue Danube.

There were two pieces of music. the opening titles, which was zarathustra and the other was The Blue Danube.

Indeed you are correct (y). The opening music was Thus Spoke Zarathustra ...

[YOUTUBE]o09L-hkrzhw[/YOUTUBE]

Back