Half B+W, Half Colour?

Name
Chris Frost
Edit My Images
Yes
I have seen afew nice pics where say the main subject is in full colour and the background is in black and white!

I lasso'd a sudject (a chair) but could'nt get just the chair to stay in colour and the rest B+W!

How is this done? Also how do i take out the bit inbetwen legs and so on?

I have seen afew nice pics where say the main subject is in full colour and the background is in black and white!

I lasso'd a sudject (a chair) but could'nt get just the chair to stay in colour and the rest B+W!

How is this done? Also how do i take out the bit inbetwen legs and so on?

Lots of ways depending on what software you have. Here's a straightforward method to get you going:

1. Load your colour pic into your editor
  2. Create a duplicate layer
  3. Change the top layer to black and white
  4. Erase the bits you want to be in colour. The colour image below shows through.

Have fun
Brian

2618213852_39f0b1e799.jpg

Done using history tool and alot of time lol!

Thanks

Hi Brian
sorry to hijack the thread,I've tried this technique,simple but quite impressive end results.I am unable to save it as jpeg in CS2 on completion and the files end up being very big,e.g psd or pdf or tiff etc,is there a way of saving it in jpg or smaller format?Want to print or email the files so if I could save it in a smaller format it would be easier.Is there a way of converting the tiff,psd or pdf to jpg?
I am a newbie to CS2 and trying to learn the ropes.
Kendun

To save it as a jpeg you have to flatten the layers (jpeg doesn't support layers) thats layers/flatten in photoshop. Wayne

Back