Half colour, Half mono flower

Name
paul holder
Edit My Images
Yes
Was given this idea from a friend so thought i would give it a go. First attempt so any suggestions to make it better are welcome.

yellowflowersmall
by BKA Photography, on Flickr

Doesn't really do anything for me, truth be told I don't think I've seen a selective colour flower photo I've liked so its not just your photo that I don't think it works on (y)

You need to look at some fundamentals however, such as your clipped a little bit off one petal, that really is a big :nono: also the focus isn't great, ideally I'd be looking to focus on the stamen on this flower as it looks like that is where the cool detail is (y) finally try and avoid dead central compositions, it's really very rare that such a composition really works :(

Matt

:plus1:

May I also add that more care is needed on making the selection as there are area's of petals that are mono. I would watch a few videos on youtube on making selections and using refine edge in Photoshop. That should help. What would be nice is if you were to redo the selection after watching some tutorials and then post the picture back on this thread. You will be suprised at the difference a neater selection will make.

Back