Halina 35x

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone ever owned one of these, I saw one today and couldn't help noticing how compact and sturdy it felt and looked. I'm thinking about buying it as a pocket camera.

I'd think *real* carefully before you do, they may be "sturdy" but that just means heavy in this case!

Ah, there's sturdy and there's sturdy... now Sophie Dahl before the diet was good sturdy, My Fed-3, thats horrible sturdy.

Jared, They are a nice little camera. Not a rangefinder though. Fixed 45mm lens(I think 45mm) First camera I had. £12.00 here in UK in 1960's. Bought mine in Jersey(new) for £6.00 in 1966. Declared it at Customs on return. The Customs bloke must have thought I was going to bring out a Nikon, etc.; looked at it, then said, "For being honest get on your way." So dear knows what duty I would have had to pay, probably pence !
I still have mine, and they produced some good photos. Saw one on ebay the other week for £38.00 - it must have been the gold plated version.::LOL:
They were marked empire made, and manufactured in Hong Kong. They are sturdy, and look like a miniature LEICA rangefinder.

The first camera I ever desired was a Halina, a Paulette Electro in Dixons catalogue when I was eleven. Didn't get it.

colpepper, let us know when your birthday is, and we can have a whip-round and buy you a Halina.

I had one almost 50 years ago. My first real camera after a box brownie!

colpepper, let us know when your birthday is, and we can have a whip-round and buy you a Halina.

Dont set a precedence of having a whip around and getting people their first desires. You never know what you have to get for some ( and I'm think of one Lord of Amberrmile) :LOL::LOL:

I had one almost 50 years ago. My first real camera after a box brownie!

Blimey, I didn't realise you were that old!

Dont set a precedence of having a whip around and getting people their first desires. You never know what you have to get for some ( and I'm think of one Lord of Amberrmile) :LOL::LOL:

Ha - I have a 35x in a bag of bits if you want it :LOL:

And there are very few cameras I want now bar a few from the Konishiroku line and most of the fun there is finding them :D

I agree, it could get extremely expensive....

Xpan,Xpan,Xpan,Xpan,Xpan,Xpan,Xpan,Xpan,Xpan,Xpan,Xpan

:LOL:

Back