Halloween Fun - Jokers

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
Both my boys wanted to be The Joker this Halloween so I thought why not....

Bit of fun with a composite, not sure where I stand with the backgrounds (got them from a free wallpaper site so guess they are ok to use?) However its just a bit of fun, like dressing up :)

what do you think?

p368590961-4.jpg

p387319801-4.jpg

Last edited:
great set where and how did you do these shots :-0

Lovely- I do like a composite photo, these are done really well

I bet the boys loved them

Les :)

Love them!

I tried doing something similar a couple of years back after watching youtube tutorials but they always came out really really fake looking.

My daughter went as bat girl this year, so might make it a project to see if I can improve on my pitiful past attempts.

Thanks for the inspiration.

I really wish I could do stuff like this they are brilliant!!

I think they're both bloody brilliant!! Your kids must love them! Amazing - I love them!

WOW!! Love these composites, the overall feel. lighting, subject...everything works perfect.. .. .. need to go on a wall!

Thanks for all of the comments guys. To be honest I have only done a few of these in the past, this was another I did a while ago

p1580295001-3.jpg

Have a go, that's what I did, things I kept in mind were

direction and quality of light on background in relation to light hitting the subject, you can make adjustments to both but best to give you a head start by picking those that initially compliment each other.

Colour and tone, make one match the other

Scale, the subjects feet is where they would at that perspective and the size of the subject needs to be in relation to objects in the background (I find this difficult but your eyes are your only guide).

and one thing I found important, unless you are going all Grimes and shooting HDR backgrounds yourself, you need to degrade one so it matches the other, no point having a 30 mega pixel subject over a low res background, degrade to match.

The defringe tool helps as well with any outlines on the selection you made of the subject.

Have a try, its fun

Glad you all like, Grandad wants these joker pics on his wall as an xmas present, ideal!

Last edited:
Back