Halo... & not the game

Name
William
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Best of a bad bunch from a walk round the local nature reserve.
I really love landscape photos I am just rubbish at them...

Anyway...
Halo.jpg

I want to tell you that it was set on a tripod and I waited for ages for the perfect light... :nono:

50mm
F3.6
1/100 sec
ISO 100

Shot in manual & deliberately under exposed, then boosted the saturation in Photoshop later.

different but i like that :clap:(y)

Now, how on Earth did you do that? I really love it. Well, it actually caused me to break out into goosepimples, so that picture must be worthy of a comment.

Cheers Ian,
I love the photo but seeing the standard of some of the landscape photos on here I didn't think anyone would rate it.

It was about lunch time ish so the sun was about as high as it gets this time of the year.
I was walking back to the car park and saw the sun coming through the leaves of the tree.

Used the meter in my camera on manual and under exposed it by half a stop.
Once I got it in photoshop, boosted the saturation and job done.

Yes, very nice and, more importantly I think, something a bit different. Don't get me wrong I love landscapes and landscape photography but we do see an awful lot of very similar 'traditional' shots on here (most of which are very good) but its good to see something different and not technically perfect from a landscape point of view.

Andy

Looks like a happy accidental shot. More an abstract based on landscape then a landscape shot :)

Bit of lens flare showing there :)

Yep 95% happy accident, 5% photoshop.

I was gutted about the lens flare, if you could sea the leaves you would realise that that composition was perfect ;)

Back