HAMA STAR 62 TRIPOD

I have one of these tripods and it really does the trick, it has all the things you need on it i.e. spirit levels, adjustable head and its really sturdy. I would suggest looking at Amzon first though i got mine for just under £15!

What do you intend to use the tripod for? It probably sounds like a stupid question but, if it's your intention to shoot landscapes then it's highly likely to be totally unsuitable.

Years ago I bought a cheap Hama tripod. It was ok, sort of, for a little indoor work but terrible for anything else. The build quality is bloody awful and won't hold much above an entry level DSLR and 70-200. Another draw back was it's height because you can forget using the centre column, if a door slams the bloody tripod vibrates lol!

Generally, when buying a tripod, the more you spend, the better the product.

Sorry I can't be more enthusiastic but I think you will feel cheated if you buy one.

Andy

I bought the Star 61 for £9.99 and it's been ok for what I've used it for (nothing serious photography wise), and I imagine the Star 62 is very similar. As said above though it's better to spend a little more on a tripod to get a better product.

Looks very similar to a tripod I picked up in ALdi for about £8. As said above, it's not really much cop.

Back