Hand straps - holding a camera safely

Name
Gemma
Edit My Images
Yes
Wondering if anyone has any experience of any decent hand straps. I've got arthritis starting in my hand. Not severe but enough it can be a pain holding my camera. Part is that even with my Q strap, I worry about dropping it. And if I'm crouched doing macro etc., more so. Considered using my neck strap instead or as well, but I need the weight spreading of a Q strap.

So, has anyone has had any luck with hand/wrist straps. Would need to be wide-ish to spread the weight, and secure enough my hand won't slip out too easily.

I've seen a few, like http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-L...100-D300s-D3100-Canon-Pentax-DC8-p-50042.html - the only thing is I couldn't use it with my Q strap due to it attaching to the tripod area if using one of my smaller lenses. Don't want to have to have it on my hand is walking any distance, just for when taking photos, so attaching to both strap areas would be ideal.

So, yes, any brand recommendations? Thanks :)

Edit, just thought to check and Q straps has 2 different hand strap accessories, the tri hand strap secures to your wrist and can be connected to the Q strap. Anyone used it?

Last edited:
If you get something like this it should screw on top of your q stap
as it states Tripod mount.The pic on the left is from ebay
$_12.JPG
capa-sling-type-ergonomic-strap-camera-q-strap-improved.jpg

Hadn't considered it may screw to it. Will look into it! Need a strap strong enough to hold 2-2.5kg of lens/camera combo if I can't hold on, ideally to carry smaller combos (1.2-1.5kg) on it too for when I'm macroing.

Sadly if I want to do my photography without pain elsewhere or risking smashing a grand of equipment, getting used to it won't be optional. I think having to will probably make it easier!

Ahhh Thanks, you're a star! I've noticed the Q strap version is made to do that, or connect to my L plate, but I'm going to look at styles a bit to see what's best to hold it everything if I can't :)

Great thought, but I need to be able to hold the normal place on the camera to reach controls and shutter, I'm more needing a backup/safety strap than a different handle :)
Thanks though! May be something to consider for other purposes.

Back