Hand Warmers

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
I received these hand warmers today. Should make photography a lot more comfortable on these very cold days. :)

I'll mostly keep them in my pockets but I'll see if I can fit them inside my glove liners. I can just about operate camera buttons with the liners but not with gloves.
They have four heat settings from 37 to 58c, double sided heating, magnetic so can be snapped together and used as one single warmer, and come with wrist straps. Should get a few hours between charges.

20240116-145353.jpg

20240116-150007.jpg
20240116-153423.jpg

They look brilliant, the last type of hand warmer I used was the zippo ones. They were great but a bit chunky to get inside gloves etc plus I went through loads of lighter fluid.

They look brilliant, the last type of hand warmer I used was the zippo ones. They were great but a bit chunky to get inside gloves etc plus I went through loads of lighter fluid.

Yeah, I checked out the Zippo on youtube and it puts out the most heat, about 142f, but as you say, a bit big and needs regular filling. The Ocoopa puts out 136f which is toasty enough and ergonomically they fit the hands very comfortably.

I have these handwarmers and they are excellent.

They're very good. I tested outside this evening, very chilly indeed. I only put them on setting 2 and it made my hands very comfortable. Last night I tested indoors on setting 4 just to see how long they'd last from a full charge. I also tested with my infrared thermometer and it went up to 58c/ 136f which is what the manual says it should be. It does rapidly fluctuate up and down between 50 and 58c for whatever reason but doesn't seem to be a problem as far as keeping warm. The manual says 3.5 hours on setting 4 and I got 4.25 hours so even better. Setting 2 is meant to be 6.5 hours so I'll assume that would give me 7.25 hours.

Where from?
They look great (y)

Where from?
They look great (y)

Amazon, £42.99. Search for Ocoopa Hand Warmers UT3 Pro. You can choose from four different colours.

I bought one of these for my mam a few years ago and I would recommend them. Hers seemed to last a long time on a charge.

After seeing this thread, I bought 2 pairs. IIRC, they were around £20 each (special offer on the big river) for the plain black and white ones and a few quid dearer for pretty colours!

I've got one of the old fashioned ones with a charcoal stick inside a small tin. Works a treat and lasts hours. These look good though.

Back