Hands Free Hassles.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I just upgraded my mobile to a Samsung E900. I'm chuffed with the phone, but one of the reasons I chose it was that it has a speakerphone built in which would serve very well as a car handsfree except you can only activate it once the call is connected and you have to press three buttons to engage the speaker!

Does anyone have this phone and what handsfree method do you use? It comes with a wired headset solution which works, but I can't be doing with wearing the earpieces all the time, or the trailing wires. Any advice appreciated before I give in and get one of those Bluetooth earpieces and just settle for looking like a complete nob! :shrug:

I tend to wear my BT headset on my left ear, it's not so visable then.

try pressing and holding the green call button when in a call

ppp said:
try pressing and holding the green call button when in a call
Interesting! Is this inside knowledge? :)

I have the Samsung D600 and you have to press the ok button then the top-left button to activate speakerphone, but I can do it before theyve answered. I have a Jabra 250 bluetooth earpiece too,, this is a bit less conspicuous as it goes round behind your ear and not hanging down in front like a great silver blob!!!

I have just got my brand spanking new TomTom which connects to my mobile via bluetooth and therefore is my new handsfree thingymajig... not that I need it as no-one ever calls me :LOL:

digitalfailure said:
I tend to wear my BT headset on my left ear, it's not so visable then.

I am confused...why is your left ear less conspicuous? :thinking: Is your hair longer on that side perhaps?

Marianne said:
I am confused...why is your left ear less conspicuous? :thinking: Is your hair longer on that side perhaps?

I think maybe its because other drivers can't see the earpiece... unless you have a LHD car.

This is what I use CT:

handsfreekit.jpg

:LOL: Stupid boy Pike - I'll send you home in a minute!

CT said:
:LOL: Stupid boy Pike - I'll send you home in a minute!

yes please!!!! Do you think that'll hold water with my bosses?!?!? :D

Rofl :)

Janice said:
I have a Jabra 250 bluetooth earpiece too,, this is a bit less conspicuous as it goes round behind your ear and not hanging down in front like a great silver blob!!!

Thanks Janice. I'm quite seriously looking at the Jabra 250V. As far as I can see it just has vibration added. Ooer! Any problems with yours?

minimeeze said:
I have just got my brand spanking new TomTom which connects to my mobile via bluetooth and therefore is my new handsfree thingymajig... not that I need it as no-one ever calls me :LOL:

hmmmmm, i can solve that, PM me the number :naughty:

awwwwwwww, i had 77 polish imigrants wanting to talk to you, I was only charging them £3 a minute.

/wanders of to develop another money making plot

Back