Handsome little beauty

Another very nice study John, great detail recorded by that lens but a little dark for my preference, the vignette gives it almost a gloomy appearance.

What you are thinking as too dark with the vignette is the hedge and when used with the 800mm equivalent can look like vignette where as very little was used and that was just at the base of the picture, below is a picture of a dove against the very same bush but done at a much sorter lens length because of the size of the bird you can see clearly the shaded parts of the bush.Both pictures were taken from the same spot and only a short time apart but when one uses a very long lens the background is enlarged to a much greater extent hence looking as if there has been a lot more shading but I did slightly the foreground mostly to use as shading behind my signature.

P111003smfr.jpg .

I like the blue tit even though it is fairly dark and the background seems a little noisy (?). The yellow in the background compliments the bird amd I just feel that if you lifted the exposure there would be a danger of that yellow background blending with the yellow of the bird's underside, whereas what you have is really good seperation of bird and background, even down to the feather edges. I'm not keen on the dove. The background clashes in this case, the bird doesn't have enough space and it's posing like a startled rabbit.

Back