Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung Office Building.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry about the lengthy title ;). This is the office of our local newspaper, here in Germany.

Hannoversche_Allgemeine_Zeitung_02.jpg

Before everyone else mentions it :D;

I wasn't confident enough in my PS abilities to tackle cloning out that cable running across the front of the building. The question is, would you, if it was your image :shrug:?

C&C welcome :)!

A nice colourful shot.

Not sure about the composition though.

The chequered yellow and black seems to be stealing the show, not the office building.

yes, absolutely I would. You should try, its the only way to learn. Nice shot by the way.

As you had edit ticked on your profile I very quickly did this, let me know if you want it removed.

Hannoversche_Allgemeine_Zeitung_02.jpg

Last edited:
A nice colourful shot.

Not sure about the composition though.

The chequered yellow and black seems to be stealing the show, not the office building.

Thanks Richpips! I was trying to add some foreground interest (something lacking in most of my architectural shots, so far), but maybe I've over-cooked it on this one :shrug:!?

The chequered tram stop is also quite a famous landmark in the city, so maybe I'm seeing it from a different perspective, but it's good to hear what a non-biased viewer thinks ;).

yes, absolutely I would. You should try, its the only way to learn. Nice shot by the way.

As you had edit ticked on your profile I very quickly did this, let me know if you want it removed.

:clap: Well done, Nigey! That's an amazing job you've done there. I have to ask, which software did you use for that?

I only have Nikon Capture NX2 and (the trail version of) Lightroom 2, at the moment. NX2 doesn't have a cloning tool, just an eraser which is too clumsy for this kind of work. Lightroom has a cloning tool, but I haven't figured out just how to use it yet. Perhaps I'll go back and give it a go myself, as your version of the image is far tidier looking :).

Cheers!

Hi Naboo, I used CS4 for this, just working on the origional image with the clone tool. I wouldn't always do that but it was just a quick edit. I can understand why you would be reluctant to use the erase tool in NX2 so now you need more software.....gulp

Hi Naboo, I used CS4 for this, just working on the origional image with the clone tool. I wouldn't always do that but it was just a quick edit. I can understand why you would be reluctant to use the erase tool in NX2 so now you need more software.....gulp

Thanks for the reply, Nigey.

Bugger - more expense :(!

;)

Back