Happy Border Collie

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Hey guys :) My first critique request, so dont be gentle at all! :) lol

Anyways, this is a shot from a recent photo session with my other half's nans border collie. She is generaly always happy, and always on the lookout for her beloved ball :)

I kinda like this photo, it sums her personality up, but i wondered what you all thought?

5171046763_74ab53155d_z.jpg

Doesn't work for me - not keen on the shallow dof, or the angle/crop and it looks as if it's overexposed as well.....

I can see that in many pics, shallow dof/focus on the eyes is good but I truly think that this is an example of when this just doesn't work - yes his eyes are in focus but the blurred oof nose just gets in the way and spoils it for me.
I agree that there are colour issues on some of the black as well.

I can see that in many pics, shallow dof/focus on the eyes is good but I truly think that this is an example of when this just doesn't work - yes his eyes are in focus but the blurred oof nose just gets in the way and spoils it for me.
I agree that there are colour issues on some of the black as well.

Ta for the feedback, i think i definitly shoot wide open toooo much, im gonna make an effort to change this for sure!

Yeah ive always struggled with black dogs, is the blue cast more of a WB issue, or more exposure?

Salty sea dog by PsiFox, on Flickr

More depth of field is just as creative as it allows the whole dog to express it's character rather than just a small part, and to interact with it's surroundings with a wider crop.

Back