Happy Mothers Day to all the mums on here!

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Yellowroseblack.jpg

Beautiful shot Janice.
Nice colours and tones and I think the amount of space around it works well.

As we come to expect - beautifully presented. We should have done it for you ladies!

Lovely shot - I was thinking of doing some macro stuff today - but all the flowers had been bought when I went to the shop:doh:

minimeeze said:
Lovely shot - I was thinking of doing some macro stuff today - but all the flowers had been bought when I went to the shop:doh:

always the bridesmaid eh?

I really like the contrast of the background janice. Nice and crisp too. I need to get a better macro lens. my cheapo macro filter just doesn't cut it around here. grrrr.

I used the Canon 50mm F1.8 lens for this, Gandi. I have no macro lenses Im afraid, other than a Raynox DCR-250 which clips onto the front of a lens to make it macro, but that makes it VERY close up.....just the inside of the rose only with that.

Thanks for all your comments everyone.

Ah, now you might be able to help me there!

I was looking at getting one of those if I don't sell the panny. What's you opinion of it?

I have a Raynox DCR-250 and a 150 for when not such strong magnification is needed (ie, the whole of a butterfly as opposed to just the pattern on a wing).

I adore these two lenses.... they are spring loaded clips and just clip onto the front of the 50mm lens....or any other up to 62mm I think.

As with any macro I think, you have to focus as close as you can then move the camera forward and back to get it perfect....a tripod is the order of the day.

All I can say is that I recommend them..... I'll leave it up to you to decide...you can get them from Jessops I think.

PS. Is it supposed to read "somerserset" in your location? :D

Lovely shot Janice and TFS. I use the 50mm 1.8 for macro and with extension tubes it's even better.

regards

The expoure, contrast and focus is spot on but I feel that there is just a little too much empty space around the rose. A simple crop would fix that for me though and it's each to their own :) You have gotta love the 50mm lens. Good shot.

Steve said:
The expoure, contrast and focus is spot on but I feel that there is just a little too much empty space around the rose. A simple crop would fix that for me though and it's each to their own :) You have gotta love the 50mm lens. Good shot.
Join the Grumpy old Men!
The shot and timely posting is great! OK, I would - if I had been good enough to have captured this image, cropped to a square format but for once too polite to say!

Tempted by the 1.8 50mm as get frustrated by the restricted aperture of the zooms. f4.5 -6.3 takes me back to the first camera (Zeis Nettar & still working) I ever bought as a schoolboy in 1954.

Fangman said:
Join the Grumpy old Men!
The shot and timely posting is great! OK, I would - if I had been good enough to have captured this image, cropped to a square format but for once too polite to say!

You don't help anyone by thinking things to yourself and not conveying them to the poster. The whole idea of this forum is to help the members develop, giving constructive advice in a polite manner is the only way. It is then up to the original poster (whoever that may be) to either dismiss, discuss the advice and explain why and what they were trying to achieve or maybe occasionally learn from it.

I don't believe anyone should get upset by constructive critique.

I did say "for once" and was overtaken by the golden glow of the rose and the inner glow in that I had remembered the day for "'er indoors"!

I have appreciated the comments on my postings and learn from them.

Ha ha! :D
I posted this on another forum and someone said "I love the extra room around it...it works on this"!
Like you said....each to his own. I cropped it while post processing but didnt like the look of it...I prefer it as it is, but thanks guys, and never worry about saying what you think....it takes quite a bit to upset me....I have broad shoulders! ;)

Back