Happy New Mac day to me :)

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
She is sooooooo, sexy. I have had my old, pre i-sight G5 for about 6 years I think and I am now asking far too much of it, RAW to JPEG conversion in LR2 = 3 per minute.

So, this morning I took the plunge, 24" i-mac not the top of the range but enough for me.

First hurdle, data transfer - booger, my old mac is Firewire 400, new one only has Firewire 800, some frantic calling around and head scratching and an 800-400 cable was secured, data transfer complete, just updating the software and all seems well.

MY GOD, how amazing is the screen, shots I had thought soft are sharp as pins on the new machine, heaven only knows how many I have binned.

In love with this machine !

How's your screen for brightness?

Mines on the minimum setting and it's still too bright :eek:

Congrats on the new system though........they are soooooooooooo sexy :D

I've found people across the net saying my images are a bit on the darkside when they look ok on the screen, guess your eyes get used to the brightness :bonk:

I would agree with the brightness issue. When mine first arrived it felt like I was in a tanning booth!

Enjoy. They are fantastic.

Chris

Mmmmm, iMacs......mmmmmmm :love:

Congrats on the new purchase, they are so good arent they?
Allan

I've had 3 new screens (inside & out) in my 24" due to it having a yellowish tint across parts of the screen, especially noticable with B&W images. (bought in October'08)
It still has a tint on the new screen but the Apple store said they would only replace it 3 times as none of the new screens are 100% reliable and it is silly to keep replacing the front glass and/or the inside bits!
If i want to take it further I have to write to Apple & see what can be done about it. Bit of a ball ache but I must get round to it.
We bought the 20" in April for my son for his b/day, his seems fine

I did the manual calibration on mine, they ship with the gamma at 1.8 but most of the planet use 2.2. Apple have finally given up with this and Snow Leopard will ship with 2.2 as default.
I got the manual calibration right on my imac but can't do it again on the macbook, so I'll be looking at a spyder or similar soon...

I love my 24" iMac but there is a slight over-brightness in the bottom left of the display, not enough to complain about, it has served me well for 2 years almost.

Back