Happy Shrove Tuesday! [Egg picture added]

Edit My Images
Yes
Another droplet collision from me! :LOL: For shrove tuesday. My first time playing with smoke too, produced by two incense sticks in the cup. I'll no doubt be doing more smoke pictures at some point now I have the incense sticks.

Click to enlarge (it's better bigger):

And a set up pic:

ShroveDay.jpg

Last edited:
LOL now you're getting offensive :D

nah, seriously, superb setup, and excellent results.

I'd clone out the bright spots on the left of the cup and just to the right of the image.

LOL now you're getting offensive :D

nah, seriously, superb setup, and excellent results.

I'd clone out the bright spots on the left of the cup and just to the right of the image.

Haha, thanks Ian!

Thanks for the advice too, I appreciate it :) Better than just "nice pic" :LOL: The bright bits to the left of the cup are the handle... I wish now I'd got the handle more obviously in. But seeing as I didn't, I think you're right, I should have cloned them out :(

I also agree about the brightness to the right, that right front pancake... I wasn't sure how to decrease just the one bit though?

Actually mine usually end up like rubber so would be great for this sort of shot:LOL:

Actually mine usually end up like rubber so would be great for this sort of shot:LOL:

Haha, we should team up!

Incidentally, I was born in Warickshire, and spent the first nearly decade of my life living in Kenilworth :)

No problem Ash. I think maybe a touch of shadow darkening on the left would reduce those bright bits and then they could be cloned out more.

I think it would really refine what is an excellent image already. :)

Great idea and nice pic mate.....but im still waiting for my smiley face ! lol

Now that's just plain showing off!! Great Pic mate. Would the Burn tool in photoshop help darken the highlights slightly?

No problem Ash. I think maybe a touch of shadow darkening on the left would reduce those bright bits and then they could be cloned out more.

I think it would really refine what is an excellent image already. :)

So, I touched up the left and had a go (with my limited skills) on the brightness on the right, what do you reckon?

Pan1Editted.jpg

What a fantastic idea Ash, loving it.:D

Thank you Angi!

Great idea and nice pic mate.....but im still waiting for my smiley face ! lol

Haha... how about a smiley face in a droplet? :p

Well, well it really is a small world!!

It is! :D

Now that's just plain showing off!! Great Pic mate. Would the Burn tool in photoshop help darken the highlights slightly?

Haha, thanks :) See editted one above :)

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Brilliant idea and execution mate!!

Haha, thanks Carl! :D

Now that looks better Ash. It now has a nice shadow area to the left. Good stuff :)

stunning!!! starting to dislike you more and more now!!

JOKE :D

Hi mate first of all great pictures. I hope you dont mind me asking but what sort of equipment do you use to get the collision. I can see you have tubes with some filter. What is this and where from.

Many thanks

Have a look through Ash's previous threads, so much info for you to read up about it! And you learn from the master (y)

The collision looks like some sort of fungal growth on the pancake:thinking::wacky::LOL:. Great images, the egg one is excellent too(y)

Great to see the idea executed so well Ash, you really are a master at this now. I can see I'm going to need to think up more adventurous and difficult ideas now, these were far too easy for you:razz:

Right, here's a new challenge - hey maybe we should have macro challenges in this area regularly ;)
A large candle burnt down a bit so there is a pool of melted wax in the top,with a nice big flame, now get a collision in that!!!!!:razz: without putting the flame out :nuts::bonk:

stunning!!! starting to dislike you more and more now!!

JOKE

:LOL: Meanie :p Thanks!

Hi mate first of all great pictures. I hope you dont mind me asking but what sort of equipment do you use to get the collision. I can see you have tubes with some filter. What is this and where from.

Many thanks

Thanks a lot :) Have a look HERE for a full set up pic and info on technique.

Have a look through Ash's previous threads, so much info for you to read up about it! And you learn from the master

:love:

The collision looks like some sort of fungal growth on the pancake. Great images, the egg one is excellent too(y)

Haha, it does! Thank you!

Great to see the idea executed so well Ash, you really are a master at this now. I can see I'm going to need to think up more adventurous and difficult ideas now, these were far too easy for you:razz:

Yes, yes you are! :D They're fun to do :D

Right, here's a new challenge - hey maybe we should have macro challenges in this area regularly ;)
A large candle burnt down a bit so there is a pool of melted wax in the top,with a nice big flame, now get a collision in that!!!!!:razz: without putting the flame out :nuts::bonk:

Haha, I love this idea... it's possible, but only with some trickery I think. I couldn't use melted wax as I'd need something heat resistant as a dropper... but a flame in a candle and a collision would surely be do-able using different liquids that I could pretend are wax :thinking:

Back