Harbour Lights

The curve doesnt look right in the reflection.

Oooooo, I live right next to the harbour and haven't noticed those!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Excellent capture!

The curve doesnt look right in the reflection.

Im not sure why that is. Ive done nothing to create that curve in PP, all ive done is a crop and a slight WB tweak. Must have been the flow of the water..

Oooooo, I live right next to the harbour and haven't noticed those!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Excellent capture!

I know, ive never seen them before. But driving past the burstin I saw the reflection in the water under the swing bridge out of the corner of my eye.

Great shot michael...

The reflections are so strong & vivid, in my own way i like the curve in the in the reflection, adds a nice sense of something more happeneing in the image, like the movement of the reflections.

Very strong shot & beautifully captured, not bad for a heat of the moment shot :p But i like it. Well Done !! :clap: (y)

Nice shot. I particularly like the star effect on the lights.

Is it me or do those lines of reflections appear to move as your eyes look around the image

I know, ive never seen them before. But driving past the burstin I saw the reflection in the water under the swing bridge out of the corner of my eye.

Certainly going to check that out tonight! I'm ashamed not to have spotted that last night as I could see the harbour and the Burstin from my house.

Well, just got back from the harbour with my D3100, and am pleased to say that I've had a very successful and enjoyable photography session, albeit rather cold and fresh!

And it's thanks to you for putting the idea in my head. (y)

Cool, great effect.

Reflections on water don't always give the results you expect, if the water's bashing against that harbour wall that'll affect the height of the reflection and cause the effect of a curve.

Back