hard time thinking of an idea for a photoshoot

Edit My Images
No
Hi there,

I am going to be doing my first photoshoot and I am having trouble grasping a concrete idea. I plan on shooting in a park and my model(singer/musician) be dressed for autumn/winter, maybe summer if the sun is out. The story/theme will be that shes lost/ escaping/ surving from someone/something in the woods. How do plan your shoots? Anyone have any other ideas for me? Thanks.

I think most of us togs probably 'borrow' ideas from other shoots we see.

Try searching on 'Redbubble'

I generally ad lib to be honest - I have a rough idea of what I'm interested in and a theme but then go with what works on the day depending on how comfy the model is, how well the location is working etc. I have a small suitcase of props and useful bits and pieces that comes out with me on location shoots so I have plenty of bits to add into the swim as the shoot goes on.

I have to say this approach hasn't always worked for me though - I have had one shoot where I just wasn't prepared enough and the adlib approach just wasn't flowing. I wish I'd put a bit more thought into how I was going to play it in advance on that occasion.

For inspiration as said above go through your favourite photography sites and get an idea of the images you want to take. I tend to go through model sites like purestorm or net model to get my inspiration.

:)

planning is the hardest part imho, not got much that helps but don't keep religiously to the plan, be flexible if you see a shot on location that you hadn't before so you can shoot it. Sometimes pre thinking can make you miss something good, like the otherday I was doing a horse portrait and realised the exact shot I wanted in the car on the way home

Back