Hard Work in Hawaii

Name
Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
Two weeks ago I was "forced" to fly to Hawaii for a conference. While I had to actually work most of the time I was on the island of Oahu, I did manage to spend a couple of days taking in some of the local scenery. Our hotel was on Waikiki Beach, a beautiful area, and also one with an active night life. If ever you get a chance to visit, be sure to take plenty of money! LOL

I must confess that 80 F days were a wonderful change from the -10 to 10 F days we've had much of the winter here in North Dakota.

1. Waikiki Beach, Oahu Island (Honolulu, Hawaii)

WaikikiBeach2.jpg

2. Another along Waikiki Beach
WaikikiBeach6.jpg

3. North Shore beach on Oahu
NorthShoreBeach.jpg

4.Sunset along Waikiki Beach
WaikikiBeachSunset1.jpg

5. The end of the Day, Waikiki
WaikikiBeachatNight.jpg

Thanks for stirring my memories, best for me the North Shore so many great memories of being there.

I always found sunsets on Waikiki were better than the North Shore as well?!

Nice series hunter - love the sky in no 4.

Thanks for sharing

Cracking shots hunter...

Last two would be my faves. Love the sky in both of those and the last one is just spot on.

Great night shot. :)

Nice set. 4 is my favourite.

Thanks for posting them - I'm going to turn up the central heating and use them to forget about the snow.

What a horrible place to "have to go" for a conference!:LOL:
I really like #5!

Thanks, everyone. If ever you get the chance, Hawaii is a great place to visit. Oahu (with Honolulu) has Waikiki Beach and extensive night life, in addition to great surfing on the north shore. Other islands offer good surfing, too, as well as many opportunities for a "more relaxed" vacation than one might find on Waikiki.

There seems to be something wrong. your shots usually have a blizzard or other major snow event in them ;)

Nice to see some sunny climate this time of year. hope it wasn't too hot for you :)

There seems to be something wrong. your shots usually have a blizzard or other major snow event in them ;)

Nice to see some sunny climate this time of year. hope it wasn't too hot for you :)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Actually seemed pretty hot the first day...about a difference of 100 F between North Dakota lows and Hawaii highs that week. I love planet Earth.

Wow ... your pictures "take me there" - a great set Hunter and all taken when the light was right. (y)

Back