Wild Hares in Clover

Another two lovely captures, I like the uneasy pose in thw 2nd ... I would probably have cloned out the black dot (insect?) top left in the 1st. :)

lovely shots
better than looking at some of the crap that some people post

Like these very much, but the 2nd is a cracker.....the pose, whiskers and eyebrows make it a great capture.

Lovely Paul...the biggest thing that shooting many images of one subject has taught me is what you have just said...how it pushes one to try and find something different. That init's self is no easy thing to articulate or achieve.. I bumped into some mates last night and spent a lovely evening going through their work on their site,they make a lot of hare images. How one finds something truly unique with a subject that has been photographed by so many is a complete work in progress for me. I've no idea what I'm really questing for,just know it has to be out there.

I agree with the others possibly clone out fly in first love the second . Is the second cropped Paul,i'd personally like a smidge more below....bit of room for virtual feet ,I'd maybe also knock fella off center a bit ie to the left. Really cool frames though mate The second has that relaxed curiosity about it I so adore in our brown hare,ears back but not flat,it really captures that mate

good for you:)

stu

A bit late, sorry, but thanks to all who looked, and liked but particularly those who left a comment, and I will definitely clone out that fly, can't believe how I missed it!

Stu, I know what you mean about finding something different, the backgrounds differ of course through the growing season, I would love to catch one in a field of Dog daisies, whch was the Picure I say in a Gallery in Holt in Norfolk which really set me off on this Harey journey............

Paul

Paul ..."dog daisy"... something like camomile maybe?? I've never heard the name before,I love local names but that one is new to me. But I can visualise the image. :) We have a pink flower that occurs in the special seed mixes used round here for game crop and the willd birds,maybe ragged robin, I've used it a few times but never quite got there. mind have the odd image with a pink band running the bkg they are slightly off the wall if not plain weird:D

Paul just briefly (it's a question I've asked a few folks now) do you see a variation in eye colour in your hares. so far everything I have seen from you has been that sort of rich chestnut brown.. But it's not what I see locally,

lovely work mate:cool:

Thanks Stu, here is a Pic, rubbish as it is, the Hare just wouldn't give me a clear shot, but these are 'Dog daisies'

In regard to the eyes, the only difference I tend to see is how the Sunlight catches them, if it hits them straight into the eye, as in this pic, you get a much more Orange look rather than Brown.

138 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

131 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

I hope I am not boring everyone with too many Hare shots

Paul

Pic certainly isn't rubbish bro it's just not ya best tis all:p:D It's no easy thing when the veggies are up grabbing that clear point of view!! But yeah looks similar to what we call camomille or maybe oxeye,I am no daisy expert that's for sure. Does make for a lovely image though keep pushing Paul you'll get there

I also like the second yes I get that glint of sun hitting the eye.,I'm seeing different iris colour Paul it's really strange. I simply don't know enough to know if i'm looking at something rare. The UK mammal society says that hares eye colour gets paler with age,but I've got kids here with almost pale " sort of green" ,eyes and have seen similar in adults.. So that one certainly doesn't apply in the pop I mainly photograph. , Very interesting ,thanks muchly for the reply Paul on both counts and the images

I'm certainly not bored keep 'em coming lovely to see and chat about !!:D

stu

Back