Hares. (your fault Stu ;-) )

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been loving watch Stu's thread about the hares evolve and it is a wonderful story. The youngsters in particualr are superb and endearing.

I'm not pretending that mine are anywhere near what Stu's are but he did prompt we to share a few of a 10 minute or so period I spent in the company of a hare a few weeks ago whilst out on the hills above home. He was remarkably tame, in a wild sense and relatively speaking and as soon as he saw I meant no harm, he just carried on about his business.

All with my T10 and 100-400XF.

Hare 2 by Dale, on Flickr

Hare 1 by Dale, on Flickr

Hare 3. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ha brill ,thanks first, for the words again:rolleyes: too kind you've been already, you rascal:D !! More thanks for sharing though Dale I like the first but they are all cool I guess the head angle clinches it for me.

Dale I really feel that if we aren't percieved as a threat then they really are quite trusting animals. I've often wondered what they would be like if never hunted by man. So your post doesn't really surprise me mate just makes me ponder the above.

Dale for just one day I'd love to be in a hares head and know what it is that they perceive in us as threatening I have ideas sure and use those to try and get in on them,but to really know would be very different,we can only muse those whys All the time I come across them seemingly being uncharacteristically bold I really think that is who they are and we have made them distrust us rather than them being the classic flighty thing disappearing across a field at full tilt that to so many is the usual hare sighting. Lovely to see mate even cooler to grab some pics,but to have such a wild highly strung sensitive animal just say figuratively " ahh he's ok he ain't gonna hurt me I'll just carry on doing what I do",is something hares do too often for there not to be more going on under those damn big ears,to me.

Thanks buddy cool little story, lovely pics and some time with a hare (for you) is always a but special
thanks for sharing mate(y)

stu

Back