Harewood Hillclimb - Classic & Vintage

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Some shots from Harewood hillclimb last Saturday, mostly VSCC with a few bits of more 'modern' machinery on show. Poor light and a lack of inspiration on my part, but still a great day and place to watch some proper cars.

Start with cars on the hill...

1/ 'Warming' the tyres of the start line!
dmj_harewood_005.jpg

2/ 'Piglet' power
dmj_harewood_009.jpg

3/ hot MG
dmj_harewood_002.jpg

4/ wide pan
dmj_harewood_006.jpg

5/ scenery
dmj_harewood_007.jpg

6/ powering over the finish line
dmj_harewood_003.jpg

A few more to follow...

A few from the paddock...

7/ plenty of flags around the paddock
dmj_harewood_001.jpg

8/ Ready for home
dmj_harewood_004.jpg

9/ close up
dmj_harewood_008.jpg

10/ slightly smaller flag
dmj_harewood_010.jpg

Thanks for looking, any comments/thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers,

David

Hi David,nice mix as usual and brave shutter speeds.

Wouldnt mind seeing a few people and scene setters.

Pons

Thanks Chris, agree about the lack of people, I've not managed to find many decent spots yet at Harewood to get people in the bakground, must be some though... Only decent(ish) angle I've found so far -

dmj_harewood_2012_077.jpg

David once again your paddock shots are inspirational .....

Phil

Thanks very much Phil, appreciated :)

Cheers, David

All great shots but I particularly like no's 7 onwards due to the processing and vintage feel. Looks very "old England". :love:

many of the cars not sharp enough for my personal taste,i prefer sharp car blurred background

Have you ever done m/sport Nigel ,thats usually only possible on head on shots with 2.8 apertures ,or side on pans with the car at centre at 90 degrees.

Three quarter pans showing movement will always have blur in them.

Sharp cars are a doddle at high shutter speeds.

Yes I have done some motorsport but that's not the point I gave you my opinion about the type of shots that work for me and I'm afraid yours don't.If I was not going to praise your work should I not have bothered commenting

Some good shots there David, still havent figured how to upload photos ( as I have forgotten). The lighting quality was poor on the day, i especially like the wide pan of Liz Cawley in 'Piglet'

Dan

All great shots but I particularly like no's 7 onwards due to the processing and vintage feel. Looks very "old England". :love:

Thanks very much.

many of the cars not sharp enough for my personal taste,i prefer sharp car blurred background

Yes I have done some motorsport but that's not the point I gave you my opinion about the type of shots that work for me and I'm afraid yours don't.If I was not going to praise your work should I not have bothered commenting

I appreciate all comments/opinions on my work, good or bad, thanks :) My preference is for 3/4 shots, so its always a compromise, I just try to make sure the sharp bits are where they should be :)

Some good shots there David, still havent figured how to upload photos ( as I have forgotten). The lighting quality was poor on the day, i especially like the wide pan of Liz Cawley in 'Piglet'

Dan

Thanks Dan, only took a couple of those wider shots, I should have got some more really. Would be good to see some more shots if you get them uploaded.

great set, love the processing on the last 4 paddock shots

Cheers Chris :)

I'm with the captain on this one, sharp cars and blurred wheels and backgrounds for me. And yes, I know how hard that can be too! Loving that exhaust heat haze on no3 though :D

Last edited:
I love the processing on the second set- suits the style of the cars perfectly without being over board!

Yup the retro processing is super (y)

The slower stuff all works too - as long as you have a sharp point of interest (usually the front or a side), the stuff works just fine. You've balanced it well here in all the moving shots.

I'm with the captain on this one, sharp cars and blurred wheels and backgrounds for me. And yes, I know how hard that can be too! Loving that exhaust heat haze on no3 though :D

Thanks, I think thats what we all go for generally, not too difficult with head on or side on shots, but not really possible for 3/4's. :)

I love the processing on the second set- suits the style of the cars perfectly without being over board!

Thanks, thats what I aim for with the paddock shots.

Yup the retro processing is super (y)

The slower stuff all works too - as long as you have a sharp point of interest (usually the front or a side), the stuff works just fine. You've balanced it well here in all the moving shots.

Thanks, much appreciated. Didn't think any of the slower stuff I posted was really that extreme tbh :LOL:

Cheers, David

#7 is awesome but #8 is major poster print material (if you were to lose the drinks bottle in the glove box and maybe dull down the modern umbrella on the roof rack)

Yep - just gone back to look at #8 again and that is the money shot for me.

.DAVID.

#7 is awesome but #8 is major poster print material (if you were to lose the drinks bottle in the glove box and maybe dull down the modern umbrella on the roof rack)

Yep - just gone back to look at #8 again and that is the money shot for me.

.DAVID.

Thanks again David! I'll get cloning :LOL: This was the re-assembled version, they spent a good while bolting all the bits back on and packing after competing.

No. 4 for me gorgeous shot!.. A superb set!

Thank you.

Cheers, David

David,

Nice pictures! My dad owned a Frazer Nash up until 8 years ago, I learnt to drive in it!

Number 3 is the one I like. The Heat haze gives the sense of motion.
Might have bee better if the Crash barrier wasn't green IMHO but you have to work with what you have. :clap:

Back