Harewood House and Park. Any Info?

wontolla

Misery Guts Monica
Name
I'm not a Misery Guts and Monica is not my Moniker
Edit My Images
Yes
Thinking of going to Harewood House next Wed.
Hope to do a 6 mile-ish walk and would like to take in some of the grounds of Harewood House. It looks like a fair part of it has got a public footpath through it. Any one got any more info on what actually is public footpath, and as I will be taking DSLR with me, what can be seen please?
Not really got enough time for a full blown visit!

Cheers!

I dunno, only ever go to the bird garden or the house, not as part of a 6 mile hike :puke:.
I suppose its gotta go close to the lake & house at some point, and they hold a hill climb somewhere amongst the grounds.

I dunno, only ever go to the bird garden or the house, not as part of a 6 mile hike :puke:.
I suppose its gotta go close to the lake & house at some point, and they hold a hill climb somewhere amongst the grounds.

Done one of them today! (y)

(Attamire Scar near Settle!) (AND blue sky!!)

Thanks!

I live 5 miles from Harewood House, and have done for many years, but believe or not I've never ventured there. Keep promising to do so.

Anyway, not sure what walk you are doing but here is a link to a walk with pics of some of the views. Hope this helps.

I don't know if you have to pay to cover the walk in the link. I know there are some public paths through the estate. If I find out more, I will post again.

Ken

Harewood House is where the Emmerdale Set is these days.

Dont know if that is a plus or a minus

I live 5 miles from Harewood House, and have done for many years, but believe or not I've never ventured there. Keep promising to do so.

Anyway, not sure what walk you are doing but here is a link to a walk with pics of some of the views. Hope this helps.

I don't know if you have to pay to cover the walk in the link. I know there are some public paths through the estate. If I find out more, I will post again.

Ken

Cheers Ken, thats great! Appreciate the info and the link.
Just hoping for some good weather next Wed!

Harewood House is where the Emmerdale Set is these days.

Dont know if that is a plus or a minus

Don't follow it myself, but I'm sure my Mrs would like a pic or two!
Thanks.

Have you looked at an Ordnance Survey map? Whilst I know not all rights of way are marked the vast majority are together with permissive paths.

Yes, I have the map, thanks. Just wondered if any locals knew what was available from the footpaths.
I have been to several big estates that don't charge if you arrive on foot (or bike) wherever you go on the estate.

Thanks Tina.

Walked around the estate a while back, drive past Harewood main entrance and take a left at the small antique shop, drive too the bottom and park outside the village hall on the right. The main public footpath is straight on and leads into the deer park, lots of red kites about, it's quite well signposted and is about 5 miles to get all the way round.

You cnat see much of the village, its in a dip with no hills around it. Dingles farm is viewable from one of footpaths. Certainly a long walk to it :)

Cheers John.
Wouldn't know the farm if I walked through it!
5 miles is just a gentle stroll for us!

Walked around the estate a while back, drive past Harewood main entrance and take a left at the small antique shop, drive too the bottom and park outside the village hall on the right. The main public footpath is straight on and leads into the deer park, lots of red kites about, it's quite well signposted and is about 5 miles to get all the way round.

Cheers Neil.
Thats what I wanted! Would that be Church Lane? I was told that there was parking there. Deff want to see the Kites and may just take in Eccup Res as I was told they frequent the area.

I used to live near there and wandered around a few times.

Seem to remember they had loads of flamingos !!??!!

Views of the house from the woods are great and it's a fairly easy walk.

My ex went to a concert there and managed to forget where she parked my black car in a massive dark field with no torch !

I used to live near there and wandered around a few times.

Seem to remember they had loads of flamingos !!??!!

Views of the house from the woods are great and it's a fairly easy walk.

My ex went to a concert there and managed to forget where she parked my black car in a massive dark field with no torch !

Weather forecast for Wednesday, warmer but rain. Thursday clear skys and sunshine.

Thanks peeps! Weather looking a bit better for tomorow now.
Can't make Thurs so fingers crossed!

Back