HARMAN roll the clock back 50 years!

Saw this recently, very good news!

That obscenely large picture of the managing director is absolutely unnecessary though...

erm surprise as I would have thought the factory would be in Asia to keep costs down.

After I get through my current Fuji stash of NP1600 and Acros I'll probably buy some Ilford stuff. I miss having negs that dry flat!

erm surprise as I would have thought the factory would be in Asia to keep costs down.

Nope, still in the heart of sunny Cheshire where all the millionaires live, just up the road from me actually. Shame they don't have a factory shop it would save on the postage. :D

Andy

Nope, still in the heart of sunny Cheshire where all the millionaires live, just up the road from me actually. Shame they don't have a factory shop it would save on the postage. :D

Andy

Good news for a few local jobs, but I suppose all the machinery would come from Germany affecting our trade balance, a little bit more in the red. :cautious:

Great news this. I also read somewhere yesterday that Kodak may be saved by a massive group of companies. Here's hoping.

Great news this. I also read somewhere yesterday that Kodak may be saved by a massive group of companies. Here's hoping.

They've sold some of their digital imaging patents for about $500M to a group of companies including Apple and Google, its something that will help them eventually emerge from bankruptcy protection especially if they can sell the rest of the patents for a similar price.

Good news for a few local jobs, but I suppose all the machinery would come from Germany affecting our trade balance, a little bit more in the red. :cautious:

Bloody hell Brian, cheer up, they've been in the same factory since 1928 and I've no reason to believe the machinery comes from Germany or anywhere else abroad. I think its great that we have one of the finest and oldest film making companies in the World still making film in the UK. Alfred Harman founded them in 1879 and they are still going well and apparently making a working profit.

Hurrah for Britain, thats what I say. :D

Andy

Bloody hell Brian, cheer up, they've been in the same factory since 1928 and I've no reason to believe the machinery comes from Germany or anywhere else abroad. I think its great that we have one of the finest and oldest film making companies in the World still making film in the UK. Alfred Harman founded them in 1879 and they are still going well and apparently making a working profit.

Andy

:LOL: .....Indeed worth a hip hip hooray (y), but I use Japanese film and camera, dev and scanned on Japanese equipment, see the results on a foreign computer system powered by electricity owned by foreign company.....mind you the cup holding my tea is British ;)

Andy

Well said, Andy.

it's good news indeed!

Very good. Now, if they would just revert to the screw top metal containers 35mm film used to come in..............no particular reason, I just liked them.

Back