Harris hawk

Name
Sir
Edit My Images
Yes
This hawk has been on this forum a lot in the last few days. It joined us on the London meet for a few minutes.

Does not look quite right to me but thought I had better post at least one shot from the day while I had a chance. :D

Harris1.jpg

Not a bad shot, but shame that the DOF fades towards the feet.
Eyes are spot on tho.

Perhaps a top half crop :shrug:

Most of my shots of this bird were at f/2.8 and similar

In hindsight I would have liked more time shooting this hawk but we only had a couple of minutes to grab the shots.

Might try a crop.

And it was too dark for much more than 2.8 on this beast! Bloody hell, Kev, did you just post a pic????? :D

Bloody hell, Kev, did you just post a pic????? :D

Had to do a double take but......it's true! Kevin has posted a photo on the forum! And a pretty damn good one at that Kev (y)

There's nowt wrong with that chap, though i do suggest a lie down now. You'll tire yourself out at this rate ;)

focus is spot on, on the eyes mate (y) again shame you couldnt push the dof a bit more but you can only work with the light you've got :shrug:

Pheeeeeew ....... Makes me feel so much better now. :D

Just had a look and found that these bird shots were all at iso 100. In hindsight I should have used something like iso 400 and tried to increase the aperture a bit.... :bonk:

Never enough time in those situations.

:D yeah, so easy in hindsight, I tend never to turn up my iso, bad habit I guess... its leaving it turned up that’s my nemesis though.
I still don't think of ISO as a setting to utilise, not sure why, something to do with using film for years I reckon.

...sounds good anyway. ;) :LOL:

You got any shots for Jonny’s mixed members thread Kev, … apart from the one of me after falling on my arse.

Back